• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Canadian Stations (many not streaming now)

J

JoeLouis

Seems like some of the music stations I used to listen to including CHFI 98.1 in Toronto are not allowed to stream outside of Canada anymore

Good for the computer maybe, I use internet radios, can't do that, but thanks for the suggestion.
You can configure a VPN connection on your router if it supports it. Most routers from Asus, Linksys, Netgear, and GL.iNet will work.

Another option is to setup a smart DNS service like ControlD. Unlike a VPN which routes all of your internet traffic to one destination, ControlD will allow to configure routing destinations per domain or web service. For example, you can configure the website domain of CHFI to be routed via a server in Toronto.

I’m not affiliated with ControlD in any way but I am a satisfied customer.

Thanks louis_p, I'm not that proficient at this stuff, beside the CHFI Christmas music is over for now, but thanks for those instructions, i just may try them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom