• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

BW Broadcast TX300v3 not booting

Engineers I need help please,
2 BW Broadcast tx300v3 transmitters and neither boot up.
xmtr1: Booting 1.0.5...
xmtr2: Booting 1.0.6 SDCARD ERROR

Any suggestions on a fix would be most appreciated. Help down translator.
Company is out of business and no support.

Hi Kelly, Thanks for your reply/ I've heard differently. Even though their website is still active there has been no reply to support questions. I'll try again. I was told by a good source that the owner/founder of BW Broadcast contracted Covid and died and the other partner in the company experienced a heart condition and he passed on to his eternal reward as well. Some of the engineers that were part of the BW company were stuck and I believe are starting a new transmitter company in France. No product yet.

Looks like SCMS might be supporting BW products for the time being. Have you tried contacting them?
The error messages you posted don't look promising. Appears to me that the SD boot drive may have had similar failures between them. Without a source of a replacement SD with OS, you might be screwed X2.

You might try Eric at Progressive Concepts in Chicago. He advertises that he repairs BW transmitters

Where Can I Get My BW TX Series FM Transmitter Repaired?
If you own a BW Broadcast original TX series FM Transmitter or V2 or V3 FM transmitter and need to have it repaired, Progressive Concepts can repair it for you.
Simply call Progressive Concepts to obtain an RMA number. It's that easy!

Their phone number
is 630-736-9822

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are awesome. Thanks for your help. SCMS originally told me about the issue at BW Brodacast. After some deep digging I found Eric and already sent him one of the of the transmitters. Apparently these boxes have 2 micro SD cards one on the exciter board and the other is on the front panel. I'll attempt to reflash the front panel micro SD and hopefully it won't get bricked.
(Fingers crossed emoji here)

That's a screen shot of one that's working from the remote software on Windows 10.. I really like BW. Sad that the founders of the company died.
Right, but you might want to consider cloning the TX and exciter SD cards, then keep the spares in a safe place for the next time this happens.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom