• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bustos Media growing Tucson presence

I made this thread title generic as possible for future additions.

Per an FCC filing on March 18 , Amador Bustos and family have just bought KZLZ for an incredible $1.4 million. The KZLZ community of license is Casas Adobes. (The sale looks like it does not include the soon-to-be-upgraded K277CV translator or sister station KWCX.)

This is sad news for local Tucson Spanish language radio. KZLZ in the evenings carried Mexican Pacific League baseball and would host a sports talk show. It had local announcers and local business spots. I would not be surprised if KZLZ becomes another "La Zeta" or "La Máquina" formatted product automated out of Bustos' Oregon headquarters.

Well, at least Amador won't have to change the call letters.. Bustos already has stations like KZTZ and KZSZ.

Frankly, way too much to pay for a station there. I am sure Ted Tucker would like to sell off a few of those new Tucson outlets. Look for updates in "La Rola" , Bustos Media's radio station player software for Android.

Last edited:
A check into Bustos' "La Rola" media player this morning shows the new "La Poderosa" sttation logo appearing although the underlying audio URL has yet to be created. This would lesd me to believe that for now KZLZ will offer its own Tucson-based programming.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom