• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Buffett tribute

WMJX played one first thing this morning at Midnight (Come Monday). I don't remember where he would have got the most airplay in the mid-70's in this market, other than WBZ. He certainly sold himself: a lot of great things are being said including the RS game (radio) for an entire inning where they had some personal connection going.

From my POV, the station I'd most expect to do a Buffett tribute is WUMB. Yet they haven't played a single Jimmy Buffett song all weekend. Likely all shows are pre-recorded for the holiday. WKLB even played Alan Jackson's duet with Jimmy yesterday.

IIRC, back in the day, Jimmy Buffett received the most airplay at Soft Rock 103 WEEI-FM. I seem to recall hearing several of his songs on the station other than the oft played Margaritaville.

IIRC, back in the day, Jimmy Buffett received the most airplay at Soft Rock 103 WEEI-FM. I seem to recall hearing several of his songs on the station other than the oft played Margaritaville.
WCAS Cambridge (740) in its folk-rock days, too. I heard a couple of my favorite Buffett songs, "It's My Job" and "Banana Republics," for the first time on that amazing little station.

From my POV, the station I'd most expect to do a Buffett tribute is WUMB. Yet they haven't played a single Jimmy Buffett song all weekend. Likely all shows are pre-recorded for the holiday. WKLB even played Alan Jackson's duet with Jimmy yesterday.
Correct. WUMB is largely syndicated and completely prerecorded on weekends. Labor Day will probably come and go with no Buffett as well.

99.7 KLTH in KC played Come Monday all the time when it was Lite A/C

Back
Top Bottom