• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Brian James Passes

Sad news! There's a report on one of the VO sites that Brian James passed away at 4 this morning at his home in Scottsdale, AZ after suffering a heart attack.

James is one of radio's most enduring and popular imaging voices. He's been the voice of dozens and dozens of stations across the country for many years.

My condolences to his friends and family.

Wow. Shocking, huh? He was only 48. Makes you want to take a moment and look at the bigger picture, doesn't it?

RIP, Brian. A great talent lost too soon.

I am sick over this one. What a talent and what a character! I used his imaging at one of the station's I programmed. I am still in shock. My best to his family.

Lots of stations are going to sound a lot different from now on.

Now Brian can voice stations in the sky and compare his vocal prowess with The Big Man himself.

Anyone seen Extra today? I'd figure they'd make a passing mention of it, then move on to the latest in the Chris Brown / Rhianna saga.

(I'm not even sure what station carries Extra in this market)

franksandhotdogs said:
Now Brian can voice stations in the sky and compare his vocal prowess with The Big Man himself.

Don LaFontaine...Ernie Anderson...Brian James. That's one helluva VO roster in heaven.

Brian and Ernie were on The Power Pig together. Brian of course the Creative Director, voicing promos, with Bumper Morgan and Ernie on ID's. Later it would be Bump and Brian.

Brian was a big influence on me. I've tried to emulate his read.... can't do it. He's one of a kind.

Re: Brian James Passes NEW INFORMATION

I have it on VERY good information that Brian's family blames his former agent and the William Morris Agency for causing the heart attack that lead to his death. Brian's contract was up with them at the end of the year and branched out with another agency. Unfortunately, Morris didn't like that fact and attempted to sue him, and has even gone as far as calling stations still airing his work, informing them that they will be forced to pay a retainer fee should his voice continue to be used. Can we not respect the dead? Just to show you how decent of a guy he was, Brian bolted from Morris because they wanted to up fees by 10 percent on all clients. Brian said "no!" What a guy!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom