• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

BREAKIN NEWS.

Clear Channel to Bring Frankie Darcell Back to WMXD, Detroit; Will Be Simulcast on WDAS, Philadelphia. The Detroit Free Press is reporting that popular Motor City personality Frankie Darcell – who was let go from Clear Channel’s rhythmic AC WMXD, Detroit in layoffs in early December of 2012 – will return to the station to host her “Afternoon Mix” program in March. When she returns, she’ll also be heard in Philadelphia on the company’s WDAS. She tells the Free Press the details of the simulcast are being worked out but she’s excited to return and talk about issues in both Detroit and Philly. “I hope that I’ve played a part in Detroit’s renaissance, and I plan to keep playing that role. There’s a lot going on in Michigan, and I’m going to be engaged in that conversation.” VP of programming for CC Detroit Tony Travatto tells the paper, “Frankie is an engaging on-air personality who had many fans within the Detroit community, and we are very pleased to have her on air in both cities.”

Good news for Detroit radio, is WMXD down in the ratings these days, could this be the reason for the move? Frankie Darcell was also on WJLB back in the day.

For WDAS, wish they had gone with Gary Shepard or someone else with local heritage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom