• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Brandi Carlisle The Joke on KPNW

Anyone heard this song? Sounds a lot like Thank You by LED Zeppelin. Like almost the same except for the lyrics. Someone could probably file a lawsuit or something.

Listen to both songs. Sounds the same.

Led Zeppelin would be in a very, very awkward position if they did; Willie Dixon sued them for exactly the same thing in 1985 ("Whole Lotta Love".) And won.

And there's that "Dazed And Confused" problem with Jake Holmes.

Besides, it's not like they need the money. It would be more expensive to sue than the payout. It's better for them to just let it go with a wink and a nod and let everybody else figure it out.

As for KPNW-FM, I've listened to it since they started and I actually like it. But I think the real problem with KPNW is there seems to be a real public perception out there that KPNW is just a KEXP wannabe with commercials.

Like if you filtered out the Hip-Hop, Reggae and deeper indie tracks and kept the more commercially accessible music in KEXP's format (and I'm seriously impressed with KPNW's playlist. Some work went into this. Fewer repeats than most AAAs of it's kind.)

But KPNW is in a sad place ratings wise. And I hope they improve. Because I keep having nightmares about waking up to a clock radio playing Jason Aldean......

Led Zeppelin would be in a very, very awkward position if they did; Willie Dixon sued them for exactly the same thing in 1985 ("Whole Lotta Love".) And won.

And there's that "Dazed And Confused" problem with Jake Holmes.

Besides, it's not like they need the money. It would be more expensive to sue than the payout. It's better for them to just let it go with a wink and a nod and let everybody else figure it out.

As for KPNW-FM, I've listened to it since they started and I actually like it. But I think the real problem with KPNW is there seems to be a real public perception out there that KPNW is just a KEXP wannabe with commercials.

Like if you filtered out the Hip-Hop, Reggae and deeper indie tracks and kept the more commercially accessible music in KEXP's format (and I'm seriously impressed with KPNW's playlist. Some work went into this. Fewer repeats than most AAAs of it's kind.)

But KPNW is in a sad place ratings wise. And I hope they improve. Because I keep having nightmares about waking up to a clock radio playing Jason Aldean......
They do have commercials…

Back
Top Bottom