• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boston Radio Ratings August 2022

Didn't expect that big jump in a mid-July to mid-August book, though. Expectations for the Patriots are, at best, modest. Was there really enough interest in them in mid-summer to fuel a significant increase? Or was it the Red Sox fans punting on their team's season and opting for Pats talk on the Hub as an alternative to the drumbeat of criticism of and frustration with the Sox that dominated WEEI-FM during the rating period?
I listen to WEEI and Sox talk did not dominate during that period. Patriots talk 80 percent of time. Hub personalities drive their ratings

Serves him right!
------------------------
I
t would be helpful to know what he did before I come to that conclusion. One ex-nba player now working for ESPN had backed Udoka. Then a day later he backed off and said things were much worse than they appeared, after he was briefed by a source.

One thing that's known. Punishment is not for coach dating a Co. employee. Even if that's not allowed. This is for something else. I'd say this story will be out in 1 week or less?

Serves him right!
------------------------
I
t would be helpful to know what he did before I come to that conclusion. One ex-nba player now working for ESPN had backed Udoka. Then a day later he backed off and said things were much worse than they appeared, after he was briefed by a source.

One thing that's known. Punishment is not for coach dating a Co. employee. Even if that's not allowed. This is for something else. I'd say this story will be out in 1 week or less?
It is when you are fooling around with the wife of a SR. Vice President who up until two years was also the daughter in law of the Celtics Director of Security.

Someone brought up an interesting though the other day that in regards to Ume it's telling that there has just about been zero people to come to his defense. Matt Barnes did before immediately retracting that and describing it as been 100x worse then what he thought.
He has been either a player or coach in the NBA for years, yet nobody has come forward to say that the Ume I know would never behave in such a fashion.

>>Krazy K000nah was on vacation

WRKO Facebook announced a party to celebrate ten year anniversary of The Kuhner Report. Sure enough, in Oct of 2012 Kuhner moved to morning drive replacing Fineburg and McPhee.He already had been doing 11 am. In 2015 he replaced Rush at noon.

WRKO Facebook announced a party to celebrate ten year anniversary of The Kuhner Report. Sure enough, in Oct of 2012 Kuhner moved to morning drive replacing Fineburg and McPhee.He already had been doing 11 am. In 2015 he replaced Rush at noon.
Jeff’s success is being live and local so he can focus on the issues Bostonians want to hear about. It is great that a celebration is planned to honor 10 years of great radio! He continues to be part of WRKOs performance as a top 10 all age ratings winner.

Jeff’s success is being live and local so he can focus on the issues Bostonians want to hear about. It is great that a celebration is planned to honor 10 years of great radio! He continues to be part of WRKOs performance as a top 10 all age ratings winner.
Fact Check: He may be local but when it comes to local topics he usually has no idea what he is talking about. Fact Check: He is in no way an all ages ratings winner or what we call in the broadcasting business a demo. His audience is made up of those 55 and over. In all other demos his ratings are no where near the top 10, You don't have to look at a ratings book just listen to who runs on his show. The dental implant dentist, the retirement planners, the occasional restaurant and now products who market to the lunatic fringe like food supply company when there are no food in the stores, An RKO sales rep has a very hard time getting a return call from agency media buyer.

Crazy Kuhner made the "major" announcement of this "massive" celebration this morning at 6:00am. Yet he had few details. One detail he did have is the $40,00 ticket price.

An RKO sales rep has a very hard time getting a return call from agency media buyer.

I'd be seriously tempted to pay to have K000nah do a live read for "male enhancement" products, just for the laughs.

One detail he did have is the $40,00 ticket price.

He must be taking lessons from Howie.

I'd be seriously tempted to pay to have K000nah do a live read for "male enhancement" products, just for the laughs.

He must be taking lessons from Howie.
From what I have been told the RKO sales reps love the fact that Kuhner will read absolutely anything they put in front of him. He has no problem saying a restaurant his favorite even if he has never been there or a product is the best he has ever had without ever using it.

From what I have been told the RKO sales reps love the fact that Kuhner will read absolutely anything they put in front of him. He has no problem saying a restaurant his favorite even if he has never been there or a product is the best he has ever had without ever using it.
You mean he doesn't drive for 2 hours each way to have his teeth cleaned? I'm shocked. Shocked I say.:eek:

Oh yes the two hour drive to one of Dr, Ema Wu's two offices. Unless Kuhner drives at at average rate of speed of 40 miles an hour ( lets not for get the Kuhner Man only tanks up with super premium petrol) it wouldn't take Kuhner 2 hours to drive from Wrentham to Danvers or North Andover even during the height of rush hour. Wu is a cosmetic dentist yet Kuhner's testimonial about what a outstanding dentist she is based on the fact that he only visits the office for a routine cleaning. What cosmetic dentist cleans teeth. And if from some odd reason she does how good of a cosmetic dentist can she be if she also cleans teeth?

Oh yes the two hour drive to one of Dr, Ema Wu's two offices. Unless Kuhner drives at at average rate of speed of 40 miles an hour ( lets not for get the Kuhner Man only tanks up with super premium petrol) it wouldn't take Kuhner 2 hours to drive from Wrentham to Danvers or North Andover even during the height of rush hour. Wu is a cosmetic dentist yet Kuhner's testimonial about what a outstanding dentist she is based on the fact that he only visits the office for a routine cleaning. What cosmetic dentist cleans teeth. And if from some odd reason she does how good of a cosmetic dentist can she be if she also cleans teeth?
I had mine (and my son's) teeth cleaned at Dr. Wu's office this past week. Dr. Wu performs cosmetic dentistry and also has super talented hygienists. In fact, I have had a myriad of terrible dentists over the years (including Uncle Sam) and she's the best I've ever had work on my teeth.

Also, Dr. Wu closed her Danvers office a whole ago.

Also, also, you know way too much about a radio personality you seem to dislike. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

I had mine (and my son's) teeth cleaned at Dr. Wu's office this past week. Dr. Wu performs cosmetic dentistry and also has super talented hygienists. In fact, I have had a myriad of terrible dentists over the years (including Uncle Sam) and she's the best I've ever had work on my teeth.

Also, Dr. Wu closed her Danvers office a whole ago.

Also, also, you know way too much about a radio personality you seem to dislike. 🤷🏼‍♂️😂
I am sure Dr. Wu is a terrific cosmetic dentist and I am happy to hear about your positive experience. My post was about the copy read by CK. If you are a cosmetic dentist and I guarantee the the goal of the spot is to get people into the office for a cosmetic procedure consultation not to get new business for her hygienists what's the point of having the guy who is doing the testimonial say I just go there for a routine cleaning?
She may have closed her Danvers office a while ago but someone forgot to change the copy because he was saying he would drive two hours to one of her two offices fairly recently. Dr Wu's North Andover office is 55 miles from Kuhners home in Wrentham. unless the guy who is off the air at 10:00am only schedules his teeth cleaning for 5:30pm and even at that hour it is not a 2 hour drive.
I like the program that precedes Kuhner so I hear the 1st 15 minutes of the show before getting out of bed and I will switch from T and R to Kuhner in the car when 98.5 is in a spot se during my 15 minute drive to the office. Once a month two friends off mine who also worked in broadcasting their entire career get together for dinner. On the way home we listen to a Kuhner podcast because he is so bad at what he does it is hysterical. I listen to him for the same reason many people watched Lost in Space it was so bad it was funny.

I am sure Dr. Wu is a terrific cosmetic dentist and I am happy to hear about your positive experience. My post was about the copy read by CK. If you are a cosmetic dentist and I guarantee the the goal of the spot is to get people into the office for a cosmetic procedure consultation not to get new business for her hygienists what's the point of having the guy who is doing the testimonial say I just go there for a routine cleaning?
She may have closed her Danvers office a while ago but someone forgot to change the copy because he was saying he would drive two hours to one of her two offices fairly recently. Dr Wu's North Andover office is 55 miles from Kuhners home in Wrentham. unless the guy who is off the air at 10:00am only schedules his teeth cleaning for 5:30pm and even at that hour it is not a 2 hour drive.
I like the program that precedes Kuhner so I hear the 1st 15 minutes of the show before getting out of bed and I will switch from T and R to Kuhner in the car when 98.5 is in a spot se during my 15 minute drive to the office. Once a month two friends off mine who also worked in broadcasting their entire career get together for dinner. On the way home we listen to a Kuhner podcast because he is so bad at what he does it is hysterical. I listen to him for the same reason many people watched Lost in Space it was so bad it was funny.
This is a great testimony as to why Jeff is so successful in delivering his commercials from local advertisers to his audience. For someone to only listen to Jeff 15 minutes a day and vividly recall a specific local commercial demonstrates his selling power.

This is a great testimony as to why Jeff is so successful in delivering his commercials from local advertisers to his audience. For someone to only listen to Jeff 15 minutes a day and vividly recall a specific local commercial demonstrates his selling power.
The spot is memorable because the copy is so ridiculous and he has been reading the same copy for over 3 years. If Jeff is so successful then why are his morning drive rates so low and there is always available inventory? Pre pandemic RKO was running NAB PSA's in November to fill unsold spots in morning drive. BTW if you sold airtime and wrote copy for as long as I did you listen to spots differently and I actually have an amazing memory..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom