• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boston Radio Ratings April 2018

WTH is wrong with Talk1200??? They continuously air the wrong newscast and traffic report....today they are airing a newscast from last Thursday and this morning they were airing a traffic report from either Thursday or Friday of last week....they seem to do this on a regular basis at the beginning of each week.

The station only exists to clear shows in Boston. This serves to boost advertising rates even if no one is listening to the station. No one said you had to be a genius to get into ad sales, just be a slick talker and not afraid to fib.

WTH is wrong with Talk1200??? They continuously air the wrong newscast and traffic report....today they are airing a newscast from last Thursday and this morning they were airing a traffic report from either Thursday or Friday of last week....they seem to do this on a regular basis at the beginning of each week.

i-Heart doesn't care. The other day I was flipping past NewsRadio 1410 WPOP (1200's sister station in Hartford) and there were at least 2 things playing at once at the top of the hour. And I know people will say, it wouldn't happen if the station was locally owned and not owned by a big conglomerate. - Wrong!

Local ownership isn't any better. There's a guy who owns 23 stations and translators. He has CPs for 6 more translators. One of his stations and its FM translator ran dead air for over 24 hours. From prior to 9:30AM on Memorial Day until around 11:15AM the next day. And the AM has had a hum behind the music for more than 6 months.

i-Heart doesn't care. The other day I was flipping past NewsRadio 1410 WPOP (1200's sister station in Hartford) and there were at least 2 things playing at once at the top of the hour. And I know people will say, it wouldn't happen if the station was locally owned and not owned by a big conglomerate. - Wrong!

Local ownership isn't any better. There's a guy who owns 23 stations and translators. He has CPs for 6 more translators. One of his stations and its FM translator ran dead air for over 24 hours. From prior to 9:30AM on Memorial Day until around 11:15AM the next day. And the AM has had a hum behind the music for more than 6 months.

Yes! The airing two things at once thing happens on Talk1200 a lot and it happened on WRKO lonnng before IHeart took over that station. It's 6pm and they're still airing the same newscast from last Thursday. I've emailed them to let them know and clicked the box for "would you like a reply"....sent the email earlier this morning and still have not received a response. Why bother having traffic and weather if it's not current?

This will keep happening because they simply don't care. If you want accurate current news, weather and traffic listen to WBZ.

This will keep happening because they simply don't care. If you want accurate current news, weather and traffic listen to WBZ.

Well, 99.99% of the time, yes, but this morning at 10:00 sharp, once Deb Lawlor signed off, whoever was pushing the buttons punched up TWO audio streams, which not only omitted the hourly time tone but also cut off part of the station ID. The news reader had a rather tough time with her newscast for the first few minutes. It was NOT Nichole Davis, in case anyone was wondering. The struggling news reader seems to be a better reporter than an on-air anchor.

As far as AM 1200: agreed, this used to take place on 'RKO BEFORE iHeart took over, as well as on AM 1110 (Salem, NH) when they carried Rush and were using news/traffic/weather (such as it was) from TTN. Methinks now that 'RKO is co-resident with TTN at iHeart Central, the delayed newscasts have come to an end. Production has also been much tighter.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom