• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boston.Com Morning Show on RKO

Word is that Doug VB Goudy and Entercom were unable to come to terms on a contract that would have made Goudy the permanent co-host along with Kim Kerrigan. .

I have no idea who the far right winger they paired with Kerrigan the past two weeks. I had heard that he does the RKO work from Florida. Anytime, I happened to tune in he was commenting on the small amount Entercom pays him.

OxyMORONIC - All of WRKO is very far Right Wing

LOl. It certainly sounds far Right Wing but I don't consider Kerrigan, Armstrong ( yes he is doing an infomercial) Ramsey or Bohannon far right wing. Kuhner is simply crazy and Carr gets more miserable the older and more cosmetic surgery he gets.

Glad you said that. The regular Howie syncophants would complain to management if I said that truth.

Thanks..BTW it was at this time of yr in 07 that Howie announced he was jumping to WTKK but it was not to be. (Months earlier during the Imus _Rutgers controversy he jokingly called them WTKKK)

Word is that Doug VB Goudy and Entercom were unable to come to terms on a contract that would have made Goudy the permanent co-host along with Kim Kerrigan. .

I have no idea who the far right winger they paired with Kerrigan the past two weeks. I had heard that he does the RKO work from Florida. Anytime, I happened to tune in he was commenting on the small amount Entercom pays him.

Why is it that 90% of the "Word is" "Rumors say" "I've heard" etc. on this site are so incredibly and consistently wrong? It's pretty funny.

BTW, VB and Carrigan will be a good show.

@justfedup said on Twitter VB begins Tue

When I first heard VB on The Morning Show several weeks back, I thought it might be a great fit. But as the week wore on, so did VB. He seemed to overpower Kim with his booming voice, and I backed away from my original impression.

I was just getting used to Mike Petraglia, too. He could carry on a conversation or an interview on topics political, way better than could Meter. On Friday all that was said was that Mike was going on vacation for a couple of weeks. Now it seems the vacation might be permanent.

Why is it that 90% of the "Word is" "Rumors say" "I've heard" etc. on this site are so incredibly and consistently wrong? It's pretty funny.

If that is the case, I challenge you to look at my posts and see how many are wrong.
If I post something that is obviously not an opinion or commentary it is based on a credible source. I was told by an Entercom/WRKO employee that VB and the station could not come to terms. A few days later, a former colleague of VB and a friend of both VB and myself told me the same thing. Obviously they were able to come to terms after VB refused last months offer

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not really interested in looking at your posting history so you don't need to get defensive. It's a free and open forum....post away and have fun. But if I'm reading your last post correctly, you are basically saying you were right even though you were wrong. I find that incredibly funny. Happy 4th!

I wasn't wrong. At the time of my post VB had rejected Entercoms offer to join the morning show. I don't know how familar you are with how business and negotiations work but sometimes after a party rejects an offer after a period of time one side reconsiders the offer and they come to terms that is what happened. What I posted was confirmed in a recent Boston Radio Watch story.

BRW Notebook :

VB is back in the house : Although WRKO 680's Morning Boston.com show title still says "featuring Kim Carrigan", as of last Tuesday(7/5), Doug 'VB" Goudie is now officially full-time co-host. Yes, you had read it here correctly - Goudie was first offered a contract in late May/early June but declined it. It appears the station upped the offer to VB's satisfaction and the former nighttime host of the raucous "The Pleasure Pit"(on WRKO, circa 2002-2003) is now back at the station as a full time WRKO employee.

I'm familiar enough with business and negotiations to know only those who are negotiating know the real truth. 99% of the time, the rest is simply false gossip. This whole bogus thread is a case in point.

Back to the rumor mill....Tom Brady's retiring. You mark my words. It'll happen in the next three or four years and I said it first!

I caught a few minutes this morning just before 8 AM, are things that bad at the Globe and Entercom that they are "interviewing" one of the larger real estate agents in the area ( that buys a LOT of air time in all formats on a bunch of stations) and then at the end of the interview just before the TOH break they run ( and rightfully so) the " the preceding interview was a paid commercial announcement" disclaimer , or what I now call the Barry Armstrong rule because he and ENTERCOM got slapped for not disclosing his show was paid programming.... notice there are disclaimers now for his show...

I know the landscape has changed but in the good old days news people wouldn't read spots..... now you have hosts doing pay for play interviews......

I caught a few minutes this morning just before 8 AM, are things that bad at the Globe and Entercom that they are "interviewing" one of the larger real estate agents in the area ( that buys a LOT of air time in all formats on a bunch of stations) and then at the end of the interview just before the TOH break they run ( and rightfully so) the " the preceding interview was a paid commercial announcement" disclaimer , or what I now call the Barry Armstrong rule because he and ENTERCOM got slapped for not disclosing his show was paid programming.... notice there are disclaimers now for his show...

I know the landscape has changed but in the good old days news people wouldn't read spots..... now you have hosts doing pay for play interviews......

When did Entercom get slapped? Some time in the last ten years I regularly heard Howie doing an interview with a financial advisor that was clearly a paid advertisement. but there was no disclosure. Mike Adams used to interview a tout during football season and it was never disclosed as an ad.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom