• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boston Arbitron Ratings: May 2013

Boston: http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb013

Overall age 6+ publicly released data is for the May 2013 survey period covering Thu. 4/25/13-Wed. 5/22/13.
Next survey period will be June 2013 (covering Thu. 5/23/13-Wed. 6/19/13) with the data release date being Wed. 7/10/13
(delayed one day due to Independence Day).

AllAccess PPM Ratings Analysis for May 2013 (scroll down 5 cities for Boston):

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...rch-director-inc-presents-exclusive-may-ppm-a

Da Bruinz plus WEEI continuing to slide into oblivion.

I guess talk of a WBMX "flip" will have to chill for a while.

DJs killed WODS. Start the "flip" talk.

WEDX is listed twice again. Is this a misprint or what's the deal here ?

Cadillac Jack's Hot 96.9 is already beating CBS's AMP 103.3 6+

Format flip back to WODS Classic Hits by end of summer.

WEDX only listed once in AllAccess.

I don't know whats wrong with Amp I think there better then kiss new music first. kiss is always behind in adds amp is right on top. So why do there ratings suck? Maybe cause of Kiss Concert.

Does anyone think Amp 103 would be doing better had Hot 96.9 not shown up on the dial?

No matter what, I think that station was destined to fail from day one. Big mistake blowing up ODS.

classic hits is inthe past amp is doing its job by splitting the pie so to speak.

How was Amp 97.1 LA doing around the one year mark? And no having Hot 96.9 doesn't help. As Amp LA only goes after KIIS and Power. As for Amp 103.3 it seems some of the audience went back to Jam'n. 103.3 could tweak and be Hits and Hip Hop like sister station WiLD 94.1 Tampa Bay. I doubt CBS wants to call it quits on Amp Boston. To soon to flip Amp if CBS did it wouldn't be back to WODS or 1030 WBZ. I think it would be country can anyone say Buz'n @ 103.3

Whats up with WEEI? It is baseball season so you would think the ratings should be higher even with the Bruins being in the playoffs on WBZ-FM.

Signpost said:
Meanwhile: Country is #2 in Boston
Who'd have thunk that 20 years ago......Without a real Oldies station, that audience goes to Country...I think (ironically) blowing up WODS may have helped KLB more than ROR or ZLX..

Ken said:
How was Amp 97.1 LA doing around the one year mark? And no having Hot 96.9 doesn't help. As Amp LA only goes after KIIS and Power. As for Amp 103.3 it seems some of the audience went back to Jam'n. 103.3 could tweak and be Hits and Hip Hop like sister station WiLD 94.1 Tampa Bay. I doubt CBS wants to call it quits on Amp Boston. To soon to flip Amp if CBS did it wouldn't be back to WODS or 1030 WBZ. I think it would be country can anyone say Buz'n @ 103.3

Whats up with WEEI? It is baseball season so you would think the ratings should be higher even with the Bruins being in the playoffs on WBZ-FM.

There's still be a wait-and-see attitude with the Sox after the 2011 collapse and the 2012 season-long stench. Many fans aren't convinced this team's any good yet. And with Jon Lester reverting to his old chicken-and-beer pitching form of last year, they may be right!

Do changes month to month, year over year accurately reflect changes in a station's desired demographics? If overall WEEI is down from April and WBZ-FM is up, can we assume the difference is that more adult men are listening to WBZ-FM? If so, 12+ ratings can be useful.

Big mistake dropping classic hits from WODS. Too many current based stations in Boston. 103.3 should have stayed the course and did what CBS-FM did..of course two years later after the Jack Fiasco.. With 96.9 coming on strong, Amp radio is the odd man out. Back to classic hits. WDRC in Hartford was #1 6 plus in the last book and CBS ,WOGL and KRTH are doing quite well.

I wonder how long CBS radio will stay with the current format on 103.3.

anything but classic hits please!!
benale said:
Big mistake dropping classic hits from WODS. Too many current based stations in Boston. 103.3 should have stayed the course and did what CBS-FM did..of course two years later after the Jack Fiasco.. With 96.9 coming on strong, Amp radio is the odd man out. Back to classic hits. WDRC in Hartford was #1 6 plus in the last book and CBS ,WOGL and KRTH are doing quite well.

I wonder how long CBS radio will stay with the current format on 103.3.

WDRC-FM responded to that big 6+ number by adding '90s music and dropping a lot of older titles. Corporate America and Madison Avenue want younger, younger, younger. AMP's cume full of 20-somethings is worth many times more in advertising cashflow than Oldies 103.3's much bigger cume full of 50-somethings. No radio station is going to abandon a format that hits the advertisers' sweet spot for one that will cause advertisers to head for the exits, no matter how many new ears the station stands to add by doing so.

Can't give the actual numbers but Tom Taylor's column on Wed. has 'em. WBQT 96.9 has gained a full point the last couple periods but Kiss hasn't seemingly lost any listeners. WKLB is second and highest rating yet (some have suggested a second country station--after all if that many people are into KLB, would a second siphon away some of the audience?). Taylor's column says as you'd expect with the Cup run, Sports Hub is doing quite well while EEI-FM drops a bit. And yeah 850 is pretty tiny but they earn some $ for Entercom and get some play by play out there, including resolving some conflicts (C's-Sox) that otherwise would have put the displaced team on RKO.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom