• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bob Barker dies at 99

wonder where CBS keeps the TPIR tape archives? Especially since Television City was sold off, and the Pluto TV contract to show early-mid '80s episodes with Johnny Olson
Perhaps at this point they’ve been digitized instead of shipping physical tapes to wherever Pluto’s control center is.

I wonder where CBS keeps the TPIR tape archives? Especially since Television City was sold off, and the Pluto TV contract to show early-mid '80s episodes with Johnny Olson. We should be lucky that Price is Right's 1972 revival went to CBS - and NOT to NBC or ABC, who both showed the old Bill Cullen version. NBC and ABC were still erasing and wiping daytime game shows until nearly 1980! CBS had abandoned that practice years prior, and that's why we have entire archives of daytime Joker's Wild and early TPIR to enjoy for years to come.

I do wonder, if quad tapes of Wink Martindale's Gambit are hiding in a storage closet waiting to be archived. Only five episodes seem to exist from the daytime run on CBS, even though they had stopped wiping around that time. And the NBC 'Las Vegas Gambit' was I think, the last show that the network wiped, for the most part.
I think that some game shows were kept by the production companies rather than the networks, which is why so many Goodson-Todman shows were on GSN and now on Buzzr. Even with that some shows like the ABC version of Password were wiped as well.

Not sure how this would have been impacted by the strike as game show hosts (and daytime soap actors) are covered by a different contract which is why TPIR is current in production for new episodes for the fall.
Unless it gets to be where more hosts who are also actors decide to join the strike, like Mayim Bialik has done.

Back
Top Bottom