• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Blown away by "Blown Away"

The current Carrie Underwood hit "Blown Away" is a very good Pop-Rock number. There's not an iota of "Country" in it outside of the artists name and the fact that she's had Country hits. When we hear Pop-Rock songs on Country radio, they still manage to get their Country-cred by the vocal styling and/or the addition of certain instruments, such as a steel guitar. "Blown Away" has neither. It's got to be the power of her name and the hottness of the song that wins the day.

I see no point in adding steel guitar, banjo or fiddle or a mix of these to a song that isn't country in the first place.

I was amazed at how tame "Before He Cheats" sounded on what is called adult contemporary today.

Actually, adult contemporary is a fitting term. It was the way the format sounded before that didn't match the description.

I actually think she did a terrible job on Blown Away. The meaning behind the song is very deep, very powerful and had a lot of potential. But it seems to me that she tried too hard to force that into the song with her voice. The song sounds like it is all over the place and doesn't flow. Sounds like a karaoke contest. The music video is even worse. She is too old to play the part and made the video less meaningful, less emotional. They should have had an actress who was young enough to fit the part.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom