• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bird, bird, bird! The bird is the word!

I counted 116, if you count "Turn Me Loose", by Fabian twice, it would 117. I have a feeling I too am incorrect.

Silkie said:
I counted 116, if you count "Turn Me Loose", by Fabian twice, it would 117. I have a feeling I too am incorrect.
You are not incorrect, Silkie. You made a nice catch.

"Turn Me Loose" (in the third paragraph) was supposed to be taken out, as I did not want to repeat any song title. Early on I found the duplication but it got past me in the final edit. Had I edited properly, the final story would have had a 116 song title count. ::)

Thanks for taking the time to read and count.

GLB

Early on I found the duplication but it got past me in the final edit.

Thank you for your kind words.  By reading my own quote in your post I discovered a punctuation faux pas or two that would have made my English teachers and professors hunt me down, so the redemption of "having the music in me", as Kiki Dee sang, softened the blow. :)

GridLeakBias said:
Silkie said:

"Turn Me Loose" (in the third paragraph) was supposed to be taken out, as I did not want to repeat any song title. Early on I found the duplication but it got past me in the final edit. Had I edited properly, the final story would have had a 116 song title count. ::)

GLB
It's not a mistake. One is by Fabian, the other by Loverboy.

vchimpanzee said:
GridLeakBias said:
Silkie said:

GLB
It's not a mistake. One is by Fabian, the other by Loverboy.
Thanks for covering for me, very kind of you.

However, I do have to admit to a mistake - I had the Fabian recording in mind at the time I wrote the story. I caught the mistake before I posted the story, but I accidently posted the wrong draft copy, not my final revision.

GLB

However, I do have to admit to a mistake - I had the Fabian recording in mind at the time I wrote the story. I caught the mistake before I posted the story, but I accidently posted the wrong draft copy, not my final revision.

GLB

What's a record or two between friends?

Silkie said:

GLB

What's a record or two between friends?
Speaking of friends, many tunes have been written, and recorded, on the subject of "friends". An absolute favorite of mine, especially as I enter the twilight of my years, oh scrap that poetic crap...

“Old Friends”
written by Roger Miller and recorded by Roger, Willie Nelson and Faron Young.

Old friends,
Pitching pennies in the park
Play croquet till it’s dark
Old friends, mmmm, old friends…

Old friends,
Swapping lies of life and loves
Pitching popcorn to the doves
Old friends…

Old friends,
Looking up to watch the birds
Holdin’ arms to climb a curb
Old friends…

Old friends,
Lord when all my work is done
Bless my life and grant me one,
Old friend…

gr8oldies said:
The Trashmen strung together two songs by the Rivingtons..."The Bird Dance" and "Papa Oom Mow Mow" to create "Surfin Bird"

A big hit in January, 1964....just as the Beatles were entering the US charts for the first time. This song was huge on WSAI and WCPO, at the time, gr8oldies...

“Old Friends”
written by Roger Miller and recorded by Roger, Willie Nelson and Faron Young.

Old friends,
Pitching pennies in the park
Play croquet till it’s dark
Old friends, mmmm, old friends…

Old friends,
Swapping lies of life and loves
Pitching popcorn to the doves
Old friends…

Old friends,
Looking up to watch the birds
Holdin’ arms to climb a curb
Old friends…

Old friends,
Lord when all my work is done
Bless my life and grant me one,
Old friend…

Now that is just good stuff.

Time Traveler said:
gr8oldies said:
The Trashmen strung together two songs by the Rivingtons..."The Bird Dance" and "Papa Oom Mow Mow" to create "Surfin Bird"

A big hit in January, 1964....just as the Beatles were entering the US charts for the first time. This song was huge on WSAI and WCPO, at the time, gr8oldies...

Same in Chicago--Big hits!

Limp73 said:
vchimpanzee said:
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word!
Ba-ba-ba bird, bird, bird! The bird is the word!

You wouldn't be by chance the guy who always requests this song on Joe Madigan's "Retro Radio" on WJCU would you?

http://www.myspace.com/retroradioshow

http://www.wjcu.org
Nope. I don't actually like rock and roll, and I got plenty of this when Peter Griffin did it over and over.

But I just had to come in and do it here the next day. Most of the posts got deleted, but this thread stayed. Yeah, I guess it was spam, but I was just trying to be as annoying as Peter.

How sad that Mine That Bird didn't win the Triple Crown.

On one of the news reports about horse racing, or maybe it was The Preakness, they played this song. They said if Mine That Bird won two, this song would be played a lot.

I meant to post this weeks ago.

It's amazing that this thread manages to gasp another breath from time to time. LOL

vchimpanzee said:
On one of the news reports about horse racing, or maybe it was The Preakness, they played this song. They said if Mine That Bird won two, this song would be played a lot.

But "The Bird" did win the 3rd leg of the Triple Crown. It was Summer Bird.

TheFonz said:
vchimpanzee said:

But "The Bird" did win the 3rd leg of the Triple Crown. It was Summer Bird.
Doesn't count because no bird won The Preakness.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom