• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Binghamtonradio.com going dark June 27

If you ever wanted to grab the audio clips or the pictures from Binghamtonradio.com, now's the time.

Jon Scaptura has canceled the hosting contact effective June 27th due to the cost involved.

A while back, after his ISP completely hosed the site, I managed to bring it back to life. However, the message forum recently hiccuped, and I will probably not work on restoring it before the shutdown. However, this forum has taken on the task of the discussions amongst us.

Jon and I have archived the audio and picture files (however, the picture files have lost their real names and have been saved as aaa.jpg, aab.jpg, etc, as the descriptors were lost in that ISP problem). We will be looking for another place to host them (suggestions accepted) at little or no cost. Some of the pictures will appear on the disk being created for the Binghamton Broadcasters Reunion.

Binghamtonradio.com has been a unique resource, and we fielded requests from researchers looking for some of those ancient jingles, ads, shows, and pictures. We hope we can find an online home in order to preserve these remarkable pieces of Binghamton's broadcast history.

Bruce Nelson

Don't delete your bookmarks just yet. I am investigating a new hosting option. All of the photos and audio are backed up. The rest of the site will be redesigned. Details to follow...

A sparkling new site is in the works. For now - much of the old site is back online at http://www.binghamtonradio.com
All of the photos, airchecks, and data was preserved and will be added to the new site. Unfortunately, the forums will have to start fresh.

I had set a goal of November 1st to have the new site online. I grossly underestimated the work that goes into setting it up. Please bear with me. I only have a few more thousand photos to upload and provide descriptions for.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom