• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bill Fine To Retire As GM Of WCVB Boston

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/top-news/248952/bill-fine-to-retire-as-gm-of-wcvb-boston/

Bill Fine, only the fourth president and general manager in the history of Hearst’s ABC affiliate WCVB Boston (DMA 9), will retire from Hearst Television later this year.

Fine concludes a career in television broadcasting that began in the 1970s as a sports anchor and culminated in leading two of Hearst’s largest TV properties, while simultaneously becoming one of the industry’s most recognizable executives.

Among the hallmarks of Fine’s career has been an energetic commitment to WCVB’s community-service role, exemplified recently by the station’s fundraising of more than $13 million to provide relief for New England families hit hardest by the Covid-19 crisis.

Bill Fine will leave WCVB after 15 years as GM at the station.

I wish him the best in his retirement. But I won’t miss his left-wing editorials. Why that’s acceptable on the public airwaves is beyond me.

I wish him the best in his retirement. But I won’t miss his left-wing editorials. Why that’s acceptable on the public airwaves is beyond me.

Right-wing editorials also exist on the public airwaves, are just as acceptable. First Amendment, I believe it's called.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom