• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Biased terminology on KTRH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me know when the government just hands KTRH almost $1M in a year, simply because they exist. Then we can have this side discussion.
The surest way to know what a government-issued license to operate on a public resource is worth is to put up all commercial radio licenses for auction and then see what each of those licenses fetch.

This is how new commercial licenses are done; I've seen few arguments for applying this principle to existing licenses. The subsidy thus provided to commercial operators may be indirect, but it's there.

[regarding KPRC]

It's not listenable at night in Galveston; the signal is barely there with lots of interference. It's OK in the daytime, strength between KILT and KBME, but there's some audio underneath it that may be from another station. If I get some time today, I'll investigate further.
Whatever that other audio was this morning was gone by this afternoon. Either it was a problem with KPRC or some tardy enhanced reception from elsewhere due to being surrounded by the Gulf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom