• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Beyonce's New Sex Song May Transfer Her To A Different Chart

S

spongebag7

Beyonce's new song "Check On It" may lose her future airplay on CHR/Pop stations for these reasons

1) It's all about sex. If you need help, listen to "Wait" by the Ying Yang Twins.
2) The beat is more hip-hop ish than R&B.
3) The fact that Slim Thug, a 100% Rhythmic artist, is on it. Other rhythmic artists have teamed with Beyonce before (Sean Paul, Jay-Z, etc.) but Slim Thug is not mainstream.
4) Destiny's Child did not chart very well with "Cater 2 U", on the flipside, it did well on CHR/Rhythmic.

Opinions anyone?

> Beyonce's new song "Check On It" may lose her future airplay
> on CHR/Pop stations for these reasons
>
> 1) It's all about sex. If you need help, listen to "Wait" by
> the Ying Yang Twins.
> 2) The beat is more hip-hop ish than R&B.
> 3) The fact that Slim Thug, a 100% Rhythmic artist, is on
> it. Other rhythmic artists have teamed with Beyonce before
> (Sean Paul, Jay-Z, etc.) but Slim Thug is not mainstream.
> 4) Destiny's Child did not chart very well with "Cater 2 U",
> on the flipside, it did well on CHR/Rhythmic.
>
> Opinions anyone?
>

E-Mail me for my opinion. I don't think it would be appropriate to post on the board.<P ID="signature">______________

AIM: JeremyA1069</P>

>
> the Ying Yang Twins.
>
> Opinions anyone?
>
It blows. I found it funny, on allaccess they claimed the new single "STAND UP FOR LOVE" or whatever that song of Destiny's child was, got 75 + adds on the panels for the stations it went for adds at.. I didn't see any pop stations pick it up, or HAC... 75-75 =0.. go back to math classes all access<P ID="signature">______________
^_^
Sing me something soft
Sad and delicate</P>

I Like It!

No offense, but aren't you and some of the negative posters here the same guys who hated on Gwen's "Hollaback Girl", and BEP's "My Humps" ? Gwen Stefani's record turned out to be the best selling single of the year, and "My Humps" helped the Black Eyed Peas move back into the Top 5 on the Albums chart.

Anyways, Beyonce's new song sounds fresh! It's very catchy, which is what CHRs are looking for, but doesn't sound like every other record that's going for Adds right now. I think many CHRs might edit out the opening intro by Slim Thug, and will pitch up the record a bit, but ultimately will find success with this.
It'll more then likely grow on females, CHR's core and target audience, within a few spins<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by CHRles on 10/24/05 05:43 AM.</FONT></P>

Re: I Like It!

> No offense, but aren't you and some of the negative posters
> here the same guys who hated on Gwen's "Hollaback Girl", and
> BEP's "My Humps" ? Gwen Stefani's record turned out to be
> the best selling single of the year, and "My Humps" helped
> the Black Eyed Peas move back into the Top 5 on the Albums
> chart.
>
> Anyways, Beyonce's new song sounds fresh! It's very catchy,
> which is what CHRs are looking for, but doesn't sound like
> every other record that's going for Adds right now. I think
> many CHRs might edit out the opening intro by Slim Thug, and
> will pitch up the record a bit, but ultimately will find
> success with this.
> It'll more then likely grow on females, CHR's core and
> target audience, within a few spins
>

Check On It is different. It's all about past recognition and the song itself. Now, think about Gwen and BEP. They both had big singles before those ones (Rich Girl and Don't Phunk With My Heart). Rich Girl peaked at #2 and Don't Phunk peak at #3 if I remember correctly. The beat is 100% rhythmic, it features a non-mainstream artist, and the fact that Destiny's Child's last album and Beyonce's last solo singles did better on Rhythmic. And remember, it's not ALL about the gain. Remember "Get Right" by J. Lo and "My Prerogative" that had impressive debuts right in the Top 40. Now, how high did those songs go? Another thing to think about, Destiny's Child's album (out Tuesday) has very low sales, which may deduct from both charts. All in all, it's not gonna be much bigger than the top 30.

>
> the Ying Yang Twins.
>
> Opinions anyone?
>
Haven't heard it yet, but it might have a shot at Top 40, considering Destiny's Child is pretty much the Pointer Sisters of the 2000's. Beyonce being Bonnie Pointer.

Re: Wha?

> Check On It is different. It's all about past recognition
> and the song itself. Now, think about Gwen and BEP. They
> both had big singles before those ones (Rich Girl and Don't
> Phunk With My Heart). Rich Girl peaked at #2 and Don't Phunk
> peak at #3 if I remember correctly. The beat is 100%
> rhythmic, it features a non-mainstream artist, and the fact
> that Destiny's Child's last album and Beyonce's last solo
> singles did better on Rhythmic. And remember, it's not ALL
> about the gain. Remember "Get Right" by J. Lo and "My
> Prerogative" that had impressive debuts right in the Top 40.
> Now, how high did those songs go? Another thing to think
> about, Destiny's Child's album (out Tuesday) has very low
> sales, which may deduct from both charts. All in all, it's
> not gonna be much bigger than the top 30.
>

To suggest that Beyonce didn't have big singles before this record is hilarious. Granted, it's been a little bit, but she hasn't tried to release a single herself since Naughty Girl. That track had Lil Flip...not even close to a mainstream artist. I seem to recall it being a decent record...heh...

Get Right and My Prerogative peaked early because they were huge artists, but TERRIBLE songs. Same will happen with the new Madonna.

I'm still laughing at the fact that you used a DAY of record sales to determine chart position and/or potential drop. No kidding it has low sales. It's only been on sale for a DAY.

If it does well at rhythm, that's GOOD for Pop. It will increase exposure and drive more people to buy the album, if not for the fact that it is already loaded with a ton of #1 hits.

I'm not sure why you're so against this song...we put it right in beginning last Friday, and it's blown up in less than a week. This song is gonna be big with chicks, bro.

Lastly, to suggest that a song won't get much airplay because it deals with sex...are you joking? Listen to 90% of CHR radio's tracks! Look at songs like Candy Shop and Don't Cha. Wholesome family fun? I think not. Yet they're still hit records.

I respect your opinion, but I totally disagree with it. This song is a hit. It stands out, and will be huge as a result. Pop radio has been looking for this Beyonce single for a long time.

Just my $0.02.

> It blows. I found it funny, on allaccess they claimed the
> new single "STAND UP FOR LOVE" or whatever that song of
> Destiny's child was, got 75 + adds on the panels for the
> stations it went for adds at.. I didn't see any pop stations
> pick it up, or HAC... 75-75 =0.. go back to math classes all
> access
>

You sure that it wasn't an add paid for and produced (read: "spun") by the label?

Either way, All Access is primarily an independant promotor of records. It's no surprise to me that they'd spin details in the record's favor.

> Haven't heard it yet, but it might have a shot at Top 40,
> considering Destiny's Child is pretty much the Pointer
> Sisters of the 2000's. Beyonce being Bonnie Pointer.

For the record, the Pointer Sisters racked up most of their hits without the aid of their sister, Bonnie. The Pointer Sisters consisted primarily of Ruth, Anita & June. I believe Bonnie left the group in the late 70s, right before the Sisters got really big (with "Fire" in '79 and onward...).

Plus, no one Pointer Sister really stood above the rest, so comparing Destiny's Child/Beyonce to The Pointer Sisters/June, Anita or Ruth isn't accurate. A more accurate comparison would be to the Supremes...making Beyonce a latter-day Diana Ross.

Not that it matters, of course. Just sayin'...

> > Haven't heard it yet, but it might have a shot at Top 40,
> > considering Destiny's Child is pretty much the Pointer
> > Sisters of the 2000's. Beyonce being Bonnie Pointer.
>
> For the record, the Pointer Sisters racked up most of their
> hits without the aid of their sister, Bonnie. The Pointer
> Sisters consisted primarily of Ruth, Anita & June. I believe
> Bonnie left the group in the late 70s, right before the
> Sisters got really big (with "Fire" in '79 and onward...).
>
> Plus, no one Pointer Sister really stood above the rest, so
> comparing Destiny's Child/Beyonce to The Pointer
> Sisters/June, Anita or Ruth isn't accurate. A more accurate
> comparison would be to the Supremes...making Beyonce a
> latter-day Diana Ross.
>
> Not that it matters, of course. Just sayin'...
>
Great post in regards to Pop trivia though :)

>
> the Ying Yang Twins.
>
> Opinions anyone?
>

I say she gets good airplay on CHR just because she's Beyonce and she has a big bootie that attracts the people that are playing it. Sex sells. Reason I am saying this is because I talked to someone and said that one of her songs sucked and he said "YOU WANNA DIE? THEN DON'T BE DISSIN MY GIRL. SHE'S BOOTYLICIOUS"

Personally, on a scale of 1-10, I give the song a 7<P ID="signature">______________

AIM: JeremyA1069</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom