• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Beware of Trademark & Copyright Issues in Ads & Promotions Involving the Super Bowl

Beware of Trademark & Copyright Issues in Ads & Promotions Involving the Super Bowl

With the college football champion now decided, and the NFL league championships this coming weekend to decide this year’s Super Bowl teams, it’s that time when we post our warning about being careful with using the phrase “Super Bowl” in your promotions and commercials. Both copyright and trademark issues can arise at Super Bowl time. Trademark is usually the biggest concern, as there are always issues when broadcasters and advertisers don’t watch their commercials and promotions to avoid improper uses of a trademarked phrase like “Super Bowl.” But copyright issues can also arise when broadcasters or others make a commercial use of part of the game’s TV coverage, or hold commercial paid viewing parties where proper rights to display the telecast has not been obtained.

http://www.broadcastlawblog.com/201...-ads-and-promotions-involving-the-super-bowl/

I've noticed virtually all media, except news, refers to it as "The Big Game" and, of course, everyone knows what is meant. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

After watching a few "Big Games" I refer to it as the Stupid Bowl because invariably that is what it is. I can think of no other team sport where the pinnacle game is fraught with such buffoonery and shucksterism.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom