• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best way to feed FXI60 from M-Audio 192 soundcard

D

duckfan98

Any help? What are your suggestions:

- Analog (L/R audio out 192 card into L/R fxi inputs)
- Digital (via digital coax rca from 192 card into optical digital on fxi?)
- Composite (if so, how do I do composite from 192 card into the Fxi exciter???)

you will need a cable with 1/4 phone on one end and bnc on the other end to feed the exciter.breakaway does mpx on both R/L output on the card,only one is required.If you use an external SG you can just use the L/R output into the L/R on the exciter.you really should consider getting the Marian trace alpha card for best performance and no overshoots.I used a mod M192,but still had occassional overshoots,so i changed to the Marian.

I am currently using the L/R out into the L/R in on the exciter, since the Fxi60 has a built in stereo generator..... however, Leif said that I should not be using the L/R....not quite sure why. He said I need to use composite input on the exciter (even though I have a SG in the exciter?....)

Does this make sense to anyone?

I am thinking about using the Digital out from the 192 card into the Digital (aes) input on the exciter, cleaner signal I assume?

I would go AES out to in and use the SG in the exciter.

Of course, there may be some disadvantage we don't know about using Breakaway this way.

Breakaway IS a stereo generator as well. And a darn good one too! You will definately get the best result bypassing your built-in SG. Just choose your M-audio at the MPX-Out setting in Breakaway.
Did you calibrate the output? If not you will have overshoots. But I guess you'll have those too when using the built-in SG...

If i use the stereo gen in breakaway, will the digital output work on the card? Doesnt it have to be 192khz?

Unless you have the Marian Trace soundcard, I would not use Breakaway on air. And I would get a better solution for a Stereo generator if you don't use the recommended soundcard.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom