• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best FM frequency

I

ipodjunkie

I can't think of a better group to ask ... :)

I'm looking for the best FM frequency in the tampa bay area with the least amount of interference in order to get the best reception for the FM transmitter on my iPod.

I've always heard that the frequencies in the middle are generally the best, hence one would like to find an empty frequency in the mid-range.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

> I can't think of a better group to ask ... :)
>
> I'm looking for the best FM frequency in the tampa bay area
> with the least amount of interference in order to get the
> best reception for the FM transmitter on my iPod.
>
> I've always heard that the frequencies in the middle are
> generally the best, hence one would like to find an empty
> frequency in the mid-range.
>
> Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Mike
>

Depends exactly where you are if you want both avoid adjacents that are hot and find a clear frequency. In Tampa, I use 89.3 for my Sirius satellite. If you want something in the middle of the band (but why would you ?.....) you could use 99.9......but 89.3 is still better.

If your transmitter and and receiver can do 87.9, use that. I use that since no one is licensed to be there. Before I had a radio that could drop that low I used 89.1 around Tampa Bay with good results.

> > I can't think of a better group to ask ... :)
> >
> > I'm looking for the best FM frequency in the tampa bay
> area
> > with the least amount of interference in order to get the
> > best reception for the FM transmitter on my iPod.
> >
> > I've always heard that the frequencies in the middle are
> > generally the best, hence one would like to find an empty
> > frequency in the mid-range.
> >
> > Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Mike
> >
>
> Depends exactly where you are if you want both avoid
> adjacents that are hot and find a clear frequency. In Tampa,
> I use 89.3 for my Sirius satellite. If you want something in
> the middle of the band (but why would you ?.....) you could
> use 99.9......but 89.3 is still better.
>

If you are looking for something completely clear, good luck. There are not many clear frequencies, especially on days with some inversion when the Orlando/Gainesville/Fort Myers stations sound like locals. I also use 89.3 for my Sirius satellite radio.

Unused FM frequencies

I'm really surprised that the dark, sarcastic, evil side of this board hasn't shown it's teeth with such an opportunity...

For example, I'm shocked that no one has mentioned 92.5 MHz or 102.5 MHZ as frequencies that are not used... so go ahead, use your I-Pod and it's FM transmitter on those spots on the dial.

C'mon... laugh, it's Monday !!!!

I use 87.7 (I have a "Soundfeeder" to gut audio from my PC to the rest of the house).

87.7 and 87.9 are the best here as they are both in the CH6 audio band, and not on the FM band. Most car radios tune those and also 87.75 which is the real Ch 6 audio freq. The nearest Ch6 is in Miami so should not be a problem here. Now if you are going to run a pirate station, I have a few freqs for you.

> I use 87.7 (I have a "Soundfeeder" to gut audio from my PC
> to the rest of the house).
>

The nearest channel 6 is actually WKMG - Orlando. But again, it doesn't affect 87.9 or even 87.7 around Tampa Bay.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom