• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best CHR voiceguys

Sean Caldwell DOES have a great voice but he sounds a bit dated on CHR these days.

Dave Foxx and Jeff Berlin gets my vote.

Geek Boy said:
Sean Caldwell DOES have a great voice but he sounds a bit dated on CHR these days.

Any example stations for these two guys?

Historically, Sean Caldwell was good. Mark Driscoll was the best back in the day.

kms575 said:
Geek Boy said:

Historically, Sean Caldwell was good. Mark Driscoll was the best back in the day.

Dave Foxx is the VO guy for Z100 and AT40. Jeff can be heard on Q100 Atlanta.

Roger That said:
kms575 said:
Geek Boy said:

Dave Foxx is the VO guy for Z100 and AT40. Jeff can be heard on Q100 Atlanta.

Thanks, I know Z100 well.
I think they sound great too, so I'd agree with that observation!

I'd certainly second Mark Driscoll. I still think he is the best VO guy ever. Does anyone know of any CHRs still using Driscoll these days? I also like St. John from KYLD who voices several Rhythmic CHRs.

I'm gonna give props to my new voice guy, Scott Matthews. Sounds fantastic in the format.

Mitch Craig. Loved it when Mitch & Ernie were tag teaming each other w/ liners on Z100 back in the late 80s, early 90s. Ernie Anderson has made a few visits here in DC, briefly on the short lived B-106, and then later on Mix107.3.

kms575 said:
Geek Boy said:

Dave voices for WRDW, Z100, Key 103 Manchester, Channel 4 Dubai plus lots more.
Jeff Berlin is / was on KSLZ, WXKS, Play 99.6, Jordan plus more.

I don't think Jeff Berlin is on KSLZ anymore, but he's definitely on Q100/Atlanta and 107.5 The River/Nashville. He's also one of my favorites.

last I heard Z100 dave Foxx was off of it, just dave kampbell and kelly Kelly kelly

The voice combo on Kiss 108 is pretty cool, with dave foxx and jeff berlin. I like jeff as a secondary, On stations like 96-3 the rose and star 98 (in green bay) he sounds REALLY small market. same in the other places I've heard him.

I REALLY liked sean caldwell on Energy 92.7/5. Not so much when he was on KTU. seems to be how he is produced.

Mitch Craig sounds really dated. I would use him on oldies, 80s, even news, but definitely not a CHR.

Don LaFontaine is the secondary voice on 103.7 Kiss FM in Milwaukee (with Kelly kelly Kelly). Again, as an older school voice guy, I dont know if he would be my pick, but it doesnt sound bad. I dont think he does much radio anymore, mostly films I believe.

My favorite presentation at the moment is 1035 kiss fm in Chicago as far as voices go, Rick Party, some girl (i dont know who she is), and dave Kampbell. Its a very unique combination, and a little different, which is perhaps why I like it. I think the big voice guys are cliche, and I would never use one on my station.

CapeRadio said:
Don LaFontaine is the secondary voice on 103.7 Kiss FM in Milwaukee (with Kelly kelly Kelly). Again, as an older school voice guy, I dont know if he would be my pick, but it doesnt sound bad. I dont think he does much radio anymore, mostly films I believe.

You're kidding, right?

Nope. Don LaFontaine's big business is movie trailers these days. For the most part he's not taking new radio clients.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom