• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Best AAA station

K105 The Mountain - awesome radio station. DJs picked most of the tracks IIRC.

The Point plays a lot more Goo Goo Dolls, Collective Soul and even Smash Mouth and Lifehouse these days.

Time Traveler said:
The former 105.3-WEBK Killington, Vt was an outstanding AAA station and had a 15 year run from 1993-2008. I still miss it....
Vermont had a real golden age of AAA/Album Rock going on in the early 90s. I remember vacationing in Southern Vermont in the summer of '91 or '92 and listening to WKXE and WRSI, both on 95.3 depending on which way I rotated the antenna, WEBK, WEQX and WVAY 100.7 out of Wilmington VT (now a Classic Rock repeater). WNCS and WIZN were still pretty cool back then as well. And full service WVNR/WNYV where the jocks got to pick the MOR and Oldies that they played. Fantastic radio, some of which still exists.

Time Traveler said:
The former 105.3-WEBK Killington, Vt was an outstanding AAA station and had a 15 year run from 1993-2008. I still miss it....

They were outstanding up until about 2004. Catamount bought 'em a few years before but waited until 04 to ruin them. They still weren't even that bad after, just ok, but just ok < outstanding.

Glad to see that KCMP is getting a lot of responses here.
Others I listen to are:
KFOG - San Francisco
KMTT - Seattle

I used to listen to KTCZ, but CC has really started to mess with the programming and not to my liking.

A few off the top of my head...

WXRT Chicago (though it's a CBS station, they do the format right for a commercial outlet)
The Current
WYMS Milwaukee (a bit different, in that they play quite a bit of 'alternative urban' music
KINK Portland
WRLT Nashville

kevin21403 said:
CBC Radio 2 from Montreal is a good AAA to stream for cool Canadian flavoured music.

I take it you're a Canuck based on the way you spelled flavored.
Some time ago I found the AAA station in Vancouver BC (the Peak?).
For me I find the Canadian requirement of % of home grown artists to be a negative. Nothing wrong with most of rock music from Canadian artists (like yeh!) but it just seemed too restrictive and gave too much time away from better music IMHO. That includes acts from other countries besides the US and Canada.

92.9 Dave FM Altanta is very good but they going to flip to sports on Oct 15th but some other good AAA stations are 1. 92.5 The River and 2.104.7 The Point and 3.Alice 102.1

My picks:

1. 91.7 KXT [Dallas/Fort Worth]

2. KZPS 92.5 HD2 The Music Summit [Dallas/Fort Worth] (Same playlist as iHeartRadio's "World Class Rock")

3. KCRW 89.9 Eclectic24 [Los Angeles] (Made the discovery on iHeartRadio after Yahoo! switched providers from CBS Radio to said service)

I was recently exposed to 93XRT Chicago for the first time (near Cleveland, of all places...) and I've started listening to them on my Android phone a lot. The following radio stations show me that good radio is still alive out there:

93XRT Chicago
90.7 WFUV NYC
88.5 WXPN Philly

This thread dates back several years.... would some of you care to update your favorites, or make some recommendations for me based on the stations I mentioned? Bill Harmonic, does your list still hold up after all this time?

Kevin in Columbus...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom