• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bell Media Drops TSN Radio In Vancouver, Hamilton & Winnipeg

Bell Media will flip 3 TSN Radio affiliates as a result of the Bell Media cuts.

I'm not sure I understand the logic. In the U.S., if you had to make cuts, you wouldn't switch a Sports station to Comedy. You'd simply cut back on the local content and go with the national network. Does TSN have national hosts in most dayparts?

If not, why not just run whatever CHUM is running in Toronto. You can hear them talk about the Blue Jays baseball and Raptors basketball. Those are Canadian national teams, followed coast to coast. OK, it's harder in hockey season when each city would want to hear about their local NHL team. But some things have to be sacrificed when cuts are needed.

I don't know of any successful Comedy station in the U.S. I really think Sports Radio is a bigger draw, even if the content isn't very local.

CKMX 1060 is apparently successful with comedy in Calgary. It's been on the air since 2013.

Maybe that's why they changed the other stations to comedy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom