• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Beasley suing Anthony Gargano

Admitting that I just took a cursory scan of the articles (I don't care that much about the topic, I couldn't pick Gargano out of a lineup, and I've never heard his show), he had to expect to basically be fired, right? The main tenets of these contracts aren't usually terribly hard to follow...but even if they were, working with an in-market competing start-up is egregious, to say the least.

Last edited:
This feels like his way of getting out of the contract by blatantly violating it. That seems…ill-advised all things considered, but as the saying goes, “you do you.” There’s a roughly zero percent chance he didn’t know this was the likely outcome.

Given the trajectory of radio and the seemingly limitless competition for ears, maybe (as was already said) he just didn't care if he got fired. This new gig is likely less demanding and will probably afford him more opportunities for interviews and writing for the new site (which was one of his first roles at Newsday I believe in NYC). I don't know whether he burned all his bridges at WIP, and his WPEN bridge seems fairly crispy at this point, but he's in on the ground floor of something at PHLY Sports he can promote and that any curious fans will be able to pull up on their phones or tablets with ease, and he still has his weekend FOX Sports Radio gig. I'm curious if iHeart tries to get him to attach himself in some way to The Gambler. I imagine they'd be more willing to figure out the logistics with his other gigs given that Gargano's name is in all likelihood way, way bigger than that of The Gambler in the area. He'd still get to do local radio and they'd be able to plaster his face on their site and around town. They might even be able to clear his weekend show on the station now.

The caveat is they'd have to wait until April '24 to do anything.
Plus, the lawsuit is still pending; still to be determined what (if any) financial settlement(s) may occur.

Back
Top Bottom