• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Beasley Cuts at WPEN & WXTU

There have been staff reductions at Beasley stations in four markets including Philadelphia:

Awkward when the last tweet still up on the WMMR Twitter references Jaxon. Nick McIlwain also posted a rather cryptic tweet. With the heavy axe-swinging going on, I'd be surprised if Preston and Steve didn't lose a crew member

If I heard correctly, the Preston and Steve gang is almost like a hired team. Beasley pays something like "Preston and Steve Inc." and all the salaries come out of that sum. Considering they just re-signed a long term contract through 2030, barring some MAJOR issues, I believe everyone on that show is safe.

I could also be 100% wrong on that, but that's what I remember hearing.

If I heard correctly, the Preston and Steve gang is almost like a hired team. Beasley pays something like "Preston and Steve Inc." and all the salaries come out of that sum.

That's not uncommon for major morning shows. They might get a percentage of the advertising rather than a salary and benefits.

That would make sense with the machine that P&S appear to be. He could have just been musing on the situation around him.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom