• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

BE pinch-rollers

Without compromise is there anyone around with spare pinch-rollers from the late-line BE cart machines, like the Phase-Track? I'm willing to purchase a BE-PT from the station where I work a recorder with a melted pinch-roller. From what I could see, the roller is smaller than the usual cart rollers. Anyone?... TIA

Let me check the stockpiles tomorrow... I may very well have a few of them. I know I have ITC and the ones for the BE 3000 series as well as a few Ampro ones.

Is there a part number stamped on it anywhere? Of course, if it's melted that might be hard to find...

Are the "Cart Guys" in Arizona around anymore? as I amassed my collection of cart machines (100+) i purchased alot of spare parts,rollers,etc from them.
My cousin used to work for ITC way back when so I used to buy all of my parts through her directly but those days are long gone. My employer used to use BE exclusively so parts were plentiful by the box load when they were using carts.
But I would try Terry Witt.

Cart Guys are long gone.. Terry's does good work with a quick turnaround.

I've checked BE's manuals online and confirmed what I've wrote above. The roller part number of the late cart machines differs from the previous lines. The compatible roller(s) that I need are from the early 90's cart machine line. Tks!

Dumb question, but have you talked to anyone at BE about them? I know they haven't made cart machines for a long time, but maybe there's a spec sheet in a file somewhere. You never know, there could be a bag of them laying around in a parts bin too that someone long ago forgot about.

I've gotten parts for out of production BE equipment before, sometimes the last remaining ones, just by calling and asking about it. Sometimes it takes a few days to find it, sometimes it's long gone, but it's worth a shot.

I'm guessing the "no one is home" factor at BE applies to your product. It seems they've had a lot of tunr-over lately. The last few times I've called them, they've been book readers, and nothing more than that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom