• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

B98.5

Any reason why B98.5 doesn't play more 80's and separate themselves as Atlanta's premiere AC station? They overlap too much in the heavy leaning HOT AC category. If ALT 105.7 doesn't work out, iHeart should launch a real AC station like Sunny 99.1 in Houston, 106.7 Lite FM in NYC or even KOST-FM in LA. ALT 105.7 sounds weak and they don't seem like they are there for the long haul. 105.7 the Peach or Sunny 105.7 and/or LITE FM has a nice ring to it. Aaand to top it off, Atlanta could have a 100% Christmas, i mean Holiday music station come Thanksgiving.

I don't think it matters so much to them if they're considered Atlanta's "premiere AC"'. Ratings are the only true benchmark and they're handsomely beating Q997 and Star, so I'd say what they're doing is working. The 80s music on these AC stations is 30+ years old and over time it will likely evolve off of all ACs. I still hear some 80s songs on B98.5, but not anywhere near the amount I used to hear.

Any reason why B98.5 doesn't play more 80's and separate themselves as Atlanta's premiere AC station?\

Look at the ratings, and you'll find the answer to your question. As DoctorRadio997 said, the 80's audience is getting older, and the amount of music from that decade is being decreased.

AC relies on a big at-work audience, and 105.7 does not have a signal capable of getting into buildings over most of the Atlanta market.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom