• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

B98.5 HD2 and Chuck 103.7 FM

Translators can be fed directly. Very few pick up the HD2 "parent" over the air.
If a translator is being fed directly, and they are using a HD subchannel on paper for the FCC, how long can they stay on if the station feeding the HD looses HD but the analog signal of the parent station stays on?

🙄FOX-FM has been dead on 96.1 HD for months and yet is still goin' strong on 102.1

EDIT: seeing now that this was discussed already

WSB HD2 is now playing “Mix Tape” hits from the 80s and 90s. WWPW HD2 is now playing “96.1 HD2 Peach” with a very similar format playing 80s and 90s also but seems more like the old Peach 94.9 soft AC. No WWPW HD3/4 yet and no Fox FM on HD.

I drove through Atlanta yesterday and the Peach format you describe is not on 96.1 HD2. They were playing Stone Temple Pilots when I turned in. I did not wait for an ID.

By rule, they're supposed to shut off immediately.

In practice, however...
The FCC now allows translators of daytime-only class D AMs to go 24 hours a day, even if there is no originating programming on the AM due to it being off the air.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom