• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

AXIA Livewire and Simian

Anyone using Simian with AXIA Livewire? (say a Radius or iQ console?) .. Looking at a possible install that uses an AXIA IP Console and the automation in place is Simian... Would love to be able to go without injesting any analog audio into the AXIA system.

If you are using Simian .. Are you using the Single IP driver that is available for retail or a multi channel version..[ from my understanding the single IP driver only handles one output so Simian would need the multi channel to do proper segues etc] I got a price quote from BSI of $1095 for the Audio IP Driver.. Would love any feedback from anyone using this setup... [of course I know most here are not fan of Simian].

xmusicmatt said:
Anyone using Simian with AXIA Livewire? (say a Radius or iQ console?) .. Looking at a possible install that uses an AXIA IP Console and the automation in place is Simian... Would love to be able to go without injesting any analog audio into the AXIA system.

Not using Simian, but rest assured, it will work flawlessly...

Axia IP driver is just like a regular sound card to the PC (and that's how the Windows sees it) and works with practically ANY editing or playout software you can come across. The multichannel version is reserved for vendors so they can provide adequate support for their systems. The driver also includes cool capabilities above what you can get from a regular sound card, specifically GPIO commands so that your playout software can control the Axia console and vice versa (from things like starting/stopping the player via ON/OFF buttons on the console, firing jingles, etc).

Not to mention that with the Axia driver, the audio remains fully digital from your hard disk to whatever is your output from the console to the processor. Or in case of an Omnia processors (which are Livewire capable) it can remain fully digital all the way to the output of the processor.

Regards,
Goran Tomas

Goran is correct that it will work with Simian, if setup as a typical DirectX audio device.

There is a such thing as Axia 'support', though. Audiovault has it (I'm sure the other big guys do as well). It is much more integrated with the IP Audio Driver and uses ASIO calls.

In all honesty, that only shaves a few ms off of the latency, but it is out there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom