• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

August ratings are here

Pandemically modified numbers are here: https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb033

Sunny and The Eagle showing nice strength.

The Buzz staying strong, improvement recently over its long term average. Nowhere else for its listeners to go.

The Spot seems to have some significant ups and downs recently.

Why has Majic been slipping lately?

KSBJ rebounds a bit.

Country radio is middle of the pack and falling these days; demographic trends continue, plus I suspect dissatisfaction with current musical product.

The Beat getting fainter. Where are the listeners going?

NGEN cracks into the ones.

And our favorite dumpster fire, KROI, slips back into the zeroes. How's that new tower coming along?

Half of the population in Houston is either black or Hispanic. They don't listen to country.

As I noted, "demographic trends continue." But when you have a Classic Country format doing surprisingly well on a rimshot (and has been doing so for nearly 20 years) I can only suspect that there are more than a few Country fans that are turned off by current trends in the genre. When you listen to Country stations and half the songs sound like something you would find on a Pop or Hip-Hop format, you may be driving off a lot of listeners.

I can only suspect that there are more than a few Country fans that are turned off by current trends in the genre.

Sure but not enough to make a huge difference in the ratings of the contemporary stations.

Look over to Beaumont and you have three country stations in the Top 10, all basically playing the same music.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom