• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Audio Processing Help/Omnia 3FM Turbo

Greetings! Looking for some help with adjusting a processor. I'm not an engineer, I handle Ops for a cluster and know just enough to get around. I have adjusted most of our processors--which at times might have done more bad than good, but "it is what it is" Here is our basic chain:

50k FM
Analog Marti STL's
Omnia 3F Turbo Processor
BE FXI 60
Urban Format

Want a big sound, anyone working the Urban/hip hop format with this Processor, BE setup?
Thank you for any and all help.

I am running the same basic setup on an urban station I do work for. I won't be out there for a couple of days, but I'll scribble down the settings for you. IMHO it sounds really good. I like that processor a lot.

Ok, here are the settings... there are a LOT of settings...
I didn't setup this processor, someone before me did, but I like the way it sounds. It will give you a good starting point.

AGC Wideband
HP Filter: ON
Phase Rotator: OUT
Wideband AGC: IN
AGC Drive: 3.0
Attack: 3
Release: 4
Makeup Gain: 3
Gate Thresh: 1

Bass
Deep Bass: 4.0
Phat Bass: 4.0

Warmth 2.0

Xover
LF Drive 1.5
MF Drive 1.5
HF Drive 1.5

Lo AGC
Attack: 2.5
Release: 5.5
Makeup Gain: 3
Gate Thresh: 3
RTZ Speed: SLOW
RTZ Level: -10.0

Mid AGC
Makeup Gain: 4
Gate Thresh: 3
RTZ Level: -10.0

Hi AGC
Makeup Gain: 4
Gate Thresh: 2
RTZ Level: -5.0

Low Lim
Drive: 3.0
Limit Thresh: 1.0
Attack: 4
Release: 3
Hold Thresh: 5

Mid Lim
Limit Thresh: 1.0
Release: 2
Hold Thresh: 6

Hi Lim
Limit Thresh: -2.5
Release: 3
Hold Thresh: 3

Mixer
Lo Band: 0.0
Mid Band: 0.0
Hi Band: 0.0

Clip
Drive: 0.5
P.A.C: OFF

Comp 0.0

Hope you like it.

The O3T is also very sensitive to being overdriven on the analog inputs. Since you are already on air with your configuration, you shouldn't need to adjust the audio levels in. However, fair warning that putting too much audio in will cause a very nasty sound. Learned that the hard way.

Yes--back input levels way down, make up gain with the AGC. Otherwise you will hear clipping, especially on voice peaks.

TomT said:
Yes--back input levels way down, make up gain with the AGC. Otherwise you will hear clipping, especially on voice peaks.

All very good advice.

Yes -- you'll have no problems making up the gain differences with the 3Turbo's AGC's.

-C

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom