• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Auction/pitch show from early eighties.

There was a syndicated show from thirty years ago that was a half hour, maybe an hour in length that resembled a home shopping channel of today. It was southern based and featured one guy giving the pitch of the item and two guys behind him reacting to what he said. Anyone remember? I'd love a clue to see if any clips are out there. It was hokey but entertaining.

This isn't the info you're looking for, but your post reminded me of a guy from back east named Crazy Eddie, who did some very campy half hour infomercials, mainly about electronics. In one scene, he's standing and saying, "Crazy Eddie is going bananas!", and a load of bananas drops on him.

Madman Muntz was truly a man before his time.

That's it. Host presents item, conducts mock auction, stops in midstream and offers it up to the sheep at some crazy discounted price. The show was usually a compilation from a number of sessions.

Here be a clip (very poor quality)

azumanga said:
There was a show on the old SPN cable channel around this time called "Telephone Auction" -- was that the show?

Joe_Capitano said:
That's it. Host presents item, conducts mock auction, stops in midstream and offers it up to the sheep at some crazy discounted price. The show was usually a compilation from a number of sessions.

Here be a clip (very poor quality)

That's it! Thanks.

"Telephone Auction" must have been one of those cheesy shows from the "early days of cable".

I remember it, too.

Weirdly entertaining in it's own way.

"Telephone Auction"...I remember this oddity of UHF independent television from the mid-'80s. I believe it was on Saturday mornings on new sign-on KUTP-45 in Phoenix.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom