• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Are Ben and Skin out at ESPN?

More than likely they'll fill it w/ Sean Salisbury and his gigantic bag of nothing...Its sad that the "Network" guys are getting better pay than the local boys in this case. B&S may land on their feet at The Fan since spittle came back to town...

I agree that they are headed to the fan, why else would they reject EBSN. But who do they replace, or how do they shake up the line-up?

On another note, how much money are CBS going to throw away on talent, or are they breaking even with ad revenue?

Ben and Skin (until recently) were the only ESPN show that consistently came in third in their time slot. Not sure why the Fan would be itching to sign up a show that couldn't beat Elf and Slater.

As Make Me stated, B&S's ratings are the lowest on ESPN. If they would to move to another station, a possibility could be to evenings. Either the Fan moving Gavin & Arnold to afternoons and B&S taking over evenings. Or B&S going back to The Ticket and replace the top 10. But they might not be able to pull better ratings.

Didn't Ben & Skin bolt from the Ticket to the Fan first and then land at ESPN? I'm almost positive they're the only act to touch all three bases.

trying2getn said:
As Make Me stated, B&S's ratings are the lowest on ESPN. If they would to move to another station, a possibility could be to evenings. Either the Fan moving Gavin & Arnold to afternoons and B&S taking over evenings. Or B&S going back to The Ticket and replace the top 10. But they might not be able to pull better ratings.

Why would they go do evenings at KTCK when most of their time would be preempted by Dallas Stars Hockey?

I had a feeling something was up when Ben and Skin's guest in studio--Mark Cuban...in the last 2 minutes of the show on Friday said...

"This may be the last time you hear this radio show cause Ben and Skin's contract is up today."

And when Cuban said that...you can tell Ben and Skin didn't want to talk about the contract and after Cuban said what he said....the show ended.

Ya gotta love Mark Cuban..he's not shy about saying anything if you give him a microphone.

Triple Fake Jerry said:
Didn't Ben & Skin bolt from the Ticket to the Fan first and then land at ESPN? I'm almost positive they're the only act to touch all three bases.

They left the Ticket to go to Live 105.3 and were fired before the station switched formats to the Fan, if I recall correctly.

Also, Greggo has been at all three.

salemjedi54 said:
trying2getn said:

Why would they go do evenings at KTCK when most of their time would be preempted by Dallas Stars Hockey?

And doesn't Skin still work the TV broadcast for Mavs home games?

salemjedi54 said:
trying2getn said:

Or better yet, why would The Ticket be interested? I think it's pretty obvious that the top 10 is their evening program of choice and not a place holder until the right show comes along.

JBB said:
salemjedi54 said:
trying2getn said:

Or better yet, why would The Ticket be interested? I think it's pretty obvious that the top 10 is their evening program of choice and not a place holder until the right show comes along.
I totally agree. I love the Top Ten and would prefer it over Ben and Skin.

JBB said:
salemjedi54 said:
trying2getn said:

They could have easily kept the tape delayed Dan Patrick and moved him 7-9pm and the Ferrall on the Bench from 9p-1a. So its pretty obvious that the top 10 makes enough to pay TC's salary.

I was actually sad to see them go. In full disclosure I'm not ever from the DFW but I thought their show was a funny break from some of the more serious shows, so I listened too it a lot on the ESPN mobile POS app.

Sounded like the station just let them go after their contract was up and didn't really make any attempt to keep them, at least that's what I'm inferring from what was being said on the other shows on the station. And from what some of you are saying about their poor rating that seems all the more apparent.

I was just throwing The Ticket idea out there, think The Fan idea may be a slightly better chance. I appreciate B&S's sports knowledge but they always came across as trying to hard with the humor. That was always my turn off with them.

They've already been fired from the fan. So I don't see that as an option. Nights at the ticket seem highly unlikely. Lookes like a move our a change in jobs is in store.

TANEYTOWN said:
They've already been fired from the fan. So I don't see that as an option. Nights at the ticket seem highly unlikely. Lookes like a move our a change in jobs is in store.

Again, they were not fired from The Fan. The station was not "The Fan" when they were there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom