• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

April Ratings

Here are the April numbers for Atlanta. Big jump for WKHX. They are just pulling away from the Bull.

It looks like the New Country experiment has paid off after a rough start. It’s been a while since Country in Atlanta has gotten that high of a share on one signal. The cume is pretty low too.

Power 96.1 has also gained back on Q100 a bit.

What happened to WGKA? Has WFOM stolen most of their listenership?

WNNX continue to be in trouble it seems by 6plus. Heard new morning show the other day. Not impressed for a major market station. I don't wish anybody anything bad, I just don't like it when large companies continue to water down the product to save money. Oh well...

But, as has been pointed out several times, you can't really come to any conclusions based on the beauty pageant numbers. Fun to talk about, meaningless in the real world. Isn't that right @DavidEduardo ?
Yes!!!(y)

WRAS (GPB) is rating about the same as WABE HD2. Why is GPB still paying to lease time on WRAS? It does not seem that it would be worth it.
Georgia Public Broadcasting does not sell WRAS alone; you have to buy their stations across the state. Having the WRAS signal allows them to list an affiliate in Atlanta, which probably gets them a lot more business for the network.

Here are the April numbers for Atlanta. Big jump for WKHX. They are just pulling away from the Bull.

The only thing I can think of that WKHX is doing differently is their free gas giveaway.

Top 5 (or so) demo rankings for 25-54, 18-34 + 18-49 (scroll down to see Atlanta):

I could be wrong but I noticed that WSRV is now reporting as "classic rock". We have nearly all agreed they are more classic rock than classic hits but I thought they report as classic hits. Looks like in the ratings, they are reporting as classic rock and wikipedia has them as classic rock (I know wiki use to have them as classic hits).

I could be wrong but I noticed that WSRV is now reporting as "classic rock". We have nearly all agreed they are more classic rock than classic hits but I thought they report as classic hits. Looks like in the ratings, they are reporting as classic rock and wikipedia has them as classic rock (I know wiki use to have them as classic hits).
Nielsen does not give public reports on the format each station has picked. Websites that show ratings add the format name themselves.

Wikipedia is user edited. On all things radio, they are correct less than half the time.

Something different needs to take place at WNNX-FM like a new format. Clearly it is not working. Maybe, just maybe Cumulus can be more competitive and launch a format that could actually succeed.

Atlanta needs an actual Classic Hits station. Tampa has like two classic hits stations

If they get one, it will sound just like the River, with lots of classic rock.

Because that's what a lot of classic hits stations are becoming.

There's a reason why The River does what it does.

If they get one, it will sound just like the River, with lots of classic rock.

Because that's what a lot of classic hits stations are becoming.

There's a reason why The River does what it does.
I think if a classic hits station does come to atlanta it will be very much like WRBQ and WXGL in tampa both identify as classic hits but there is a diffrence in playlist. One being pop leaning the other being rock leaning

Question :
Have been out of radio here since the early Nineties and am now 65-plus.
Older than 65-plus now, in fact, So being out of touch has become one of my hobbies. Although I can pretend I'm cool and hip sometimes.

Well, after seeing so many of these stinking labels and badges, can one of you young pups explain the differenence between Adult Hits and Classic Hits ? Maybe give me a few artists and years to situate me better?

Question :
Have been out of radio here since the early Nineties and am now 65-plus.
Older than 65-plus now, in fact, So being out of touch has become one of my hobbies. Although I can pretend I'm cool and hip sometimes.

Well, after seeing so many of these stinking labels and badges, can one of you young pups explain the differenence between Adult Hits and Classic Hits ? Maybe give me a few artists and years to situate me better?
Classic Hits is '70s/'80s/'90s CHR/Pop gold, with music from the 1980s serving as the core of the format. Adult Hits is essentially AC without the currents/recurrents, but mixed with Classic Rock and Alternative gold from the 1990s and 2000s.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom