• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

April 2016 Boston Radio Ratings.

Did WKLB misfire in their lineup shuffle or is WBWL just better ?
This month WJMN is the lowest rated commercial FM in the market. Last month (and usually) WBWL is the lowest rated commercial FM in town. Next month, WBWL will be back where they belong. WXKS has not been #1 since this WBWL nonsense began. That, my friend, is all one needs to know. The only spin on this beauty is the entire cluster circling the bowl....

This month WJMN is the lowest rated commercial FM in the market. Last month (and usually) WBWL is the lowest rated commercial FM in town. Next month, WBWL will be back where they belong.

Where do they 'belong'...and why will this change next month?

WXKS has not been #1 since this WBWL nonsense began. That, my friend, is all one needs to know.

What does WXKS-FM being # 1 have to do with The Bull?

Supposedly iHeart figured they could cut into the WKLB country audience with hot new country and maybe help their Kiss do better?It could be country attracts some younger women and maybe they could cut into the audience for KLB and maybe MJX too and thus help Kiss a bit?
At least they may make more $ tapping into the country audience than they would with
"Evolution 101.7 All Things Dance"

But it was said Kiss hasn't been #1 since Bull launched...so it hurt XKS-FM a bit?

Last edited:
This month WJMN is the lowest rated commercial FM in the market. Last month (and usually) WBWL is the lowest rated commercial FM in town. Next month, WBWL will be back where they belong. WXKS has not been #1 since this WBWL nonsense began. That, my friend, is all one needs to know. The only spin on this beauty is the entire cluster circling the bowl....

WXKS continues to be the #1 station in 18-49, 25-49, 25-54 and 35-44 and is the highest billing music station in the market. The 12+ rank does not matter with the strength they have in the sales demos.

WJMN is the 5th highest billing music station and 7th overall in the market. It's a solid 18-34 performer. So I do not see how the cluster is "circling the bowl".

WXKS continues to be the #1 station in 18-49, 25-49, 25-54 and 35-44 and is the highest billing music station in the market. The 12+ rank does not matter with the strength they have in the sales demos.

WJMN is the 5th highest billing music station and 7th overall in the market. It's a solid 18-34 performer. So I do not see how the cluster is "circling the bowl".

Every month we "discuss" these 6+ numbers, yet we all know they are just window dressing, or as a friend from WODS said " they are beauty queen numbers".

No station anywhere uses 6+ numbers to sell, they have precise numbers based on their P1 target, and that is what they use to get advertisers to sign contracts with.

Anyone with any connection to the business, either professionally or as a interested spectator, knows to ignore them.

We should too..... and Nielsen should allow better data out into the public domain so we can discuss it.

Anyone with any connection to the business, either professionally or as a interested spectator, knows to ignore them.

We should too..... and Nielsen should allow better data out into the public domain so we can discuss it.

I have plenty of connection to the business and I don't ignore them totally.

They show overall trends....i.e...of total listening. i.e...i.e...everybody!

They are better than nothing. ;-)

Driving through a market without access to the particluar demos.....i would rather have the 12+s than nothing at all to see who is on top, etc. (Obviously, the next step is to look at particular demo's cells, etc...but sometimes you don't have access to that.)

Also, 12+ cume is an interesting read as well.

Nielsen should allow better data out into the public domain so we can discuss it.

Absolutely. As everyone knows, A.C. Nielsen was founded, in part, for the purpose of giving away their work product so it can be discussed on a message board. :rolleyes:

Be thankful you have the beauty-contest 6+ numbers, meaningless as they are. Nowhere in their AUP or their contracts with subscribers does it say they even have to give away those stats.

Absolutely. As everyone knows, A.C. Nielsen was founded, in part, for the purpose of giving away their work product so it can be discussed on a message board. :rolleyes:

Be thankful you have the beauty-contest 6+ numbers, meaningless as they are. Nowhere in their AUP or their contracts with subscribers does it say they even have to give away those stats.

OK lets back away from them giving out real data, how about allowing numbers to be used for discussion purposes under fair use of copyrighted materials?

ooops we can't do that because the contracts have a non disclose clause.

the 6 plus data is meaningless, they would be doing all of us a favor by not disclosing it

Every month we "discuss" these 6+ numbers, yet we all know they are just window dressing, or as a friend from WODS said " they are beauty queen numbers".

No problem! You can have "most congenial" and "best personality"!
I guess that means I'll just have to settle for the "Princess" wearing the Tiara and holding the roses......

It's not the cluster that is circling the bowl, but Eyeheart Media. They're drowning in debt. At least one New England broadcaster is positioning himself for a repeat of what happened to Nassau a few years ago.

OK lets back away from them giving out real data, how about allowing numbers to be used for discussion purposes under fair use of copyrighted materials?

ooops we can't do that because the contracts have a non disclose clause.

the 6 plus data is meaningless, they would be doing all of us a favor by not disclosing it

Chad Finn regularly gets the quarterly numbers for the sports stations. The Herald sometimes reports the numbers for certain demographics. Some of the data does get out, but nobody seems interested in discussing it when it does.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom