• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Apogee MIC and Audition

I just bought an Apogee MIC for my iPhone. Works great. Has anyone here been able to find away to use it on a PC with Cool Edit / Audition? I'm not having any luck with the ASIO4ALL software I've seen recommended.

Does the Apogee come with driver software? I have played with some USB headset mics and just for grins I bought the Radio Shack less than $20 mic-to-USB converter so see what it would do. ASIO is an optional input method on Audition. If the driver with the Apogee doesn't do ASIO... don't set up Audition for ASIO.

P.S. Give us a report on how the mic teams up with the iPhone

So far the MiC sounds very good on my iPhone 4s. I've heard it used on a friends MAC and it's great but I'm carrying a PC that's running an old version of Cool Edit. There is software available that should allow my PC to read the MiC but I'm having trouble getting it set up. I'm just looking to see if anyone else is trying to make this work on a non-Apple machine. I'm feel like I'm being pushed closer to buying an iPad.

Mike..can you post a link to a short sample of that MIC on an iPhone. Might be a good alternate system to use at the Masters this year.

I am "dumber than a box of rocks" when it comes to Apple product interfaces. Vendors who sell the Apogee keep referring to it as a "USB Microphone" and yet none of the native connectors that come with it appear to be a USB connection that we in the PC world (The Windows world if you please) would recognize.

Does Apple implement the USB connection differently? Does the Apogee actually plug into the Apple products via a connection that is NOT USB?

It would appear to me that Apogee maybe does not want to even admit that non-Apple product exists. If you own a non-Apple product and you want a mic, why would you buy one from a vendor/manufacturer who tries to pretend you don't exist? What chance do you ever have of getting support.

In a couple of pages of web search, I didn't find a single review where the writer of the review seemed to recognize that non-Apple product exists.

If you own a non-Apple product that you want to connect to a USB mic.... maybe looking at some other product makes sense.

On the other hand, if you have an iPhone, iPad or other such APPLE device... the Apogee may be THE WINNER!!!

So. Tell me Jeff. Where can I hear your Masters reports? If I can't be there, you can be my ears. ;D

Now. A totally off-the-wall question for the original poster: Only for extreme portability and simplicity of the portable use would I want to ever consider a USB mic for quality recording. For your non-Apple hardware.... why would you not stick to more traditional mic connections and for occasional portable use, get one of the little adaptors by Shure or other vendors?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom