• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Anybody listen to Music Radio WABC last night?

A

ALRocker

Give your location and what you thought. Here in Alabama 770 ge ts torn up by the big 760 and 780, but I got to hear parts of it. I thought it was great.

> Give your location and what you thought. Here in Alabama
> 770 ge ts torn up by the big 760 and 780, but I got to hear
> parts of it. I thought it was great.
>

I missed it. I was watching the Rolling Stones with the in-laws! But Friday night WABC was coming in pretty okay here in Memphis inbetween the splatter from 760 and 780 (and a little from local WMC 790) over whatever else is on 770 these days....

I'll try for it next weekend!

>

I cought the whole thing in Kenosha, WI. Since WBBM-780 Chicago is a local there was some bleed over but its pretty easy to null it out. I listened on a cheap Sony boombox.<P ID="signature">______________

</P>

>
Drove from NY state to NH during the show. Interestingly enough, the worst area for reception was in central CT, where the sky wave was canceling out the ground wave. WJR and WBBM were hammering it in that area - a particularly good night for reception of those midwestern giants. That ended to the west of Worcester, MA (around Sturbridge) and reception of WABC north/east of there was great - as usual.

Like a dream come true. I was listening to the Musicradio Fest on WABC while doing my work in Manchester, New Hampshire. It was just like old times with an old friend. The signal was EXCELLENT on both 770 and on web! I truly hope this will be a permanent staple on the WABC schedule on Saturday nights. I'd be satisfied with it being a once a month special if that were the case. (I'd prefer a weekly show.) Mark was truly in top notch form with this show. WABC Rewound should still be a Memorial Day event EVERY year.

I could not turn it off. I'm sure THOUSANDS of other listeners would concur. THIS WAS GREAT!!! I've already made my preset to 770 for Saturday nights and 1520 for the great Buffalo Rocker WWKB every night!

Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts

> > Give your location and what you thought. Here in Alabama
> > 770 ge ts torn up by the big 760 and 780, but I got to
> hear
> > parts of it. I thought it was great.
> >
>
> I missed it. I was watching the Rolling Stones with the
> in-laws! But Friday night WABC was coming in pretty okay
> here in Memphis inbetween the splatter from 760 and 780 (and
> a little from local WMC 790) over whatever else is on 770
> these days....
>
> I'll try for it next weekend!
> <P ID="signature">______________
Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
Whitman, Massachusetts</P>

The show was great! I think Mark could have picked up the pace slightly, but otherwise it was an awesome listen. I was listening from South Central Michigan. Though WJR and WBBM were giving me a bit of a hard time (I'm smack-dab between the two of them), WABC came in pretty well.

Post 1007 dedicated to another formerly great Top 40 station (I say "formerly" because it's merely a shell of what it once was), 100.7 WHYI Miami. LONG LIVE Y-100! (And please, Cheap Channel, drop the stupid "Point 7." We've all known it as Y-100 since 1974, we don't need the exact frequency now any more than we did then.)<P ID="signature">______________
"Once a week, recovering illusionist Roy Horn reportedly visits Montecore, the tiger that mauled him. Though disturbingly, they’re conjugal visits!" -- Horatio Sanz
http://theradioblog.blogspot.com</P>

No! If I had known I would have?

So when does WABC play music? Is there a place for it on their website, because I checked a while back and couldn't even find any info on their Rewound yearly event!

> No! If I had known I would have?
>
> So when does WABC play music? Is there a place for it on
> their website, because I checked a while back and couldn't
> even find any info on their Rewound yearly event!
>

There is a little mention of it on the WABC website, if you know where to look. They're doing oldies Saturday nights from 6-10. Catch it while it lasts!

> > No! If I had known I would have?
> >
> > So when does WABC play music? Is there a place for it on
>
> > their website, because I checked a while back and couldn't
>
> > even find any info on their Rewound yearly event!
> >
>
> There is a little mention of it on the WABC website, if you
> know where to look. They're doing oldies Saturday nights
> from 6-10. Catch it while it lasts!
>

Found it, thanks

> 770 gets torn up by the big 760 and 780, but I got to hear

It sounded nice just northwest of Boston on my Sony wideband AM stereo tuner at home. Obviously they don't broadcast in AM stereo, but at times the skywave was strong enough to activate the wideband feature, allowing for full fidelity AM.

Then I had to go out, and of course, in my car as soon as I started the engine it was completely overcome by noise from the ignition, alternator, electric fuel pump, anything electrical...

I have a 1990 VW Jetta and no matter what I do with grounding everything, AM is totally wiped out by anything electrical. Even local powerhouse WBZ is noisy when the engine is running, and I get loud clicks when I use the directionals, even a click when I step on the brakes and the brake lights go on and off. And, you can even forget WBZ when I have to use the wipers.

Trying a filter in the power line did nothing, and trying a filter in the antenna line greatly diminished the radio signals. I'm using a Sony AM stereo and FM stereo digital car tuner. FM also seems to be getting some interference from something (doesn't sound like ignition) when the engine is running, mainly on the low end of the FM dial.

Listened to 77WABC on Saturday night on my Sony ICF-SW55 and also on my Sony ICF-2010 radio here in Waterloo, Iowa. I was stunned to hear 'Black Water' by the Doobie Brothers and what a thrill it was to hear pop music once again on the legendary WABC!!! I'll be tuning in every weekend from now on!

Michael Cross
OM/PD
KFMW-FM / KOKZ-FM
Waterloo, Iowa

>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom