• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Anybody here dealing with co-op?

A

armchairqb

Folks:

I'm the production director of a seven station cluster. For a lot of
complicated reasons, my assistant and I are still involved in getting
scripts to traffic for co-op billing. I'm having a great deal of
difficulty in developing and streamlining a system to get all the
co-op scripts to traffic on time each month, so that the business manager
can close the books.

Does anybody here have to deal with this each month? I'd love to
see how other cluster prod. directors are dealing with it.

Thanks,
prodgodq

I have 5 stations and also have yet to find a really good way.

I receive a list from the traffic person as to what co-op scripts she needs. When she gives me that list, I drop everything, and save them on a disc, and deliver them to her.

The only other thing I could suggest is that if your company has a computer network, create a folder somewhere dedicated scrictly to co-op and share it. Then when a script is finalized make sure it is saved to that folder. Then when traffic needed it, they could go get it.

> I'm the production director of a seven station cluster. For
> a lot of
> complicated reasons, my assistant and I are still involved
> in getting
> scripts to traffic for co-op billing. I'm having a great
> deal of
> difficulty in developing and streamlining a system to get
> all the
> co-op scripts to traffic on time each month, so that the
> business manager
> can close the books.
>
> Does anybody here have to deal with this each month? I'd
> love to
> see how other cluster prod. directors are dealing with it.
>
> Thanks,
> prodgodq
>

Our production orders have a place to check "yes" or "no" if copy is needed for co-op. Our traffic director will keep all the "yes" P.O.'s in a special folder. Throughout the month, she will email me a list of scripts that she needs. If we don't already have them in our copy files, we will put the spots on a tape, transcribe them, and email 'em back to her. By doing this several times in a month, we cut down on the big load that usually comes during billing week.

Hope that helps.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom