• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Any outlets playing new music from country veteran acts?

vchimpanzee said:
The other day I heard Hank do a version of "A Country Boy Can Survive" which mentioned Y2K and "bank machines". The term Y2K wasn't used when the original was recorded and there were only a few "bank machines" so this must have been newer. It was on WBRF's outlaw show.

It's called "America Will Survive," and it's on The Almeira Club CD from 2001. Hank re-wrote it after 9-11, and performed it on CMT. A lot of stations played the live version off TV.

TheBigA said:
Gatekeeper007 said:
so what are we doing wrong in this country that you never hear about these new young singer/preformers that the rest of the world knows about.

Right now, about one third of the country airplay chart is made up of new artists on their first singles. Kip Moore, Andy Gibson, Jana Kramer, Casey James, Brantley Gilbert, and Scotty McCreery. All brand new. So it's not that country radio isn't playing brand new artists. It's that there are SO MANY new artists to pick from.
Except for Scotty McCreary (whose you can't help but know if you spend any time reading Raleigh's News & Observer newspaper), I never heard of any of them.

Gatekeeper007 said:
It's funny we play a show that has up and coming new country talent on our station. The singer/preformers come from around the world and strange enough most of their music would be considered classic country in the USA today but if you ask the young talented people which we have many times they will tell you they would prefer to sing country music and not the newer stuff that the USA is putting out now as they don't really to care for it. They are also making it into the country music charts with good numbers around the world in just about every country except here in the good ol USA and many are being asked to tour and play in many countries, so what are we doing wrong in this country that you never hear about these new young singer/preformers that the rest of the world knows about. I guess they don't fit into what the popular USA country music heads think todays country music should be ie:country/rap, country/rock, country/pop. Funny thing is the rest of the world doesn't seem to care so anywhere but here they are considered up and coming country music stars.
yep, welcome to nashville, USA's assembly line of manufactured stars. most will be forgotten, and dumped by the record company when single #2 or #3 stiffs. that is if they even scored with the first release. the unfortunate part here is you occasionally have some good country talent that should be given a chance to succeed with several singles, and albums. even if they dont break out with rotatations via the centralized radio programming control that they face. my advice to artists is, if you are really unique, whether a throwback style or progressive sounding, and have talent, and have a hunger to spill your guts via country music regardless of star status, you can succeed. especially, if you stick with it. even without hits, and major market rotation. yep, i'm talkin' kelly willis, mandy barnett, dale watson, junior brown, heather myles, hank3, and jim lauderdale, just to name a few.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom