• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Any CHR/Pops pay tribute to Luther Vandross?

Radiogeek500

Inactive
Inactive User
If they did, I would imagine mostly Heritage CHR/pops like Z100, KIIS, Q102, Y100, etc etc as these stations did play Luther Cuts when they were brand new.<P ID="signature">______________
The old skool show@noon with Jeff G and DJ Rawn
Only on Power 106(KPWR Los Angeles)

JOSH, Moderating the whole Radio-Info radio state of California and Indiana too!</P>

> If they did, I would imagine mostly Heritage CHR/pops like
> Z100, KIIS, Q102, Y100, etc etc as these stations did play
> Luther Cuts when they were brand new.
>

I didn't play a Luther song, but while playing Mariah's "We Belong Together", I mentioned that he did a duet with her ("Endless Love") and playing Bow Wow's "Let Me Hold You" told my listeners that the sample was from his song "If Only For One Night".

Jo Jo Collins
Middays/Music Director
KZCH-FM/Channel 963
Wichita, Kansas.

> If they did, I would imagine mostly Heritage CHR/pops like
> Z100, KIIS, Q102, Y100, etc etc as these stations did play
> Luther Cuts when they were brand new.
>
Sadly most true CHR's today would be courting and audience that has NO IDEA who Luther is. I doubt too many will give it any kind of attention at all. Think of it as going to your friendly auto mechanic and telling them about something wrong with international world politics and expecting them to care. Most would not even get it.

Tell them Eminem got shot or Fiddy Cent got somebody knocked up...they get that. Talk about Luther....MOM WHO THE HECK IS THAT...oh Its YOUR kind of music...YUCK!!!

Sad but true

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom