• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Another WPVI Anchor Exits

FTV is reporting that Jeannette Reyes will be leaving 6abc and head to DC and join FOX’s WTTG as weekday morning anchor. WTTG is teasing a huge announcement on its social media pages this coming Monday. Reyes has been co-anchoring the 4PM slot since last year, I believe going back to DC will be a homecoming of sorts for her as she came from WJLA.

FTV is reporting that Jeannette Reyes will be leaving 6abc and head to DC and join FOX’s WTTG as weekday morning anchor. WTTG is teasing a huge announcement on its social media pages this coming Monday. Reyes has been co-anchoring the 4PM slot since last year, I believe going back to DC will be a homecoming of sorts for her as she came from WJLA.

When you have the opportunity to move back where your spouse is, it makes sense.

Forgot about that fact?

Her last day is November 25th and first day at WTTG is December 7.

I wonder who will take her spot. Sarah perhaps?

My purely uneducated guess is they keep Sarah Bloomquist in that kind of third-wheel slot at 4 (and continue on Sunday nights), when the dust settles. Use her, Sharie Williams and others in the interim. Eventually move someone else in. No one has had the kind of presence Jeanette had with lots of fill-in work (Reyes was a semi-regular presence on the morning shift). In the old days, I'd have said slide Tam Edwards into afternoons, but I don't think they're looking to break up the morning chemistry.

That said, they did use Christie Ileto a bit for the third-wheel slot when there wasn't a settled team, so she could factor in somehow.

Just to follow-up I have found odd lately Brian and Sarah at both on at noon (as is Alicia), yet Rick and Sharrie are both anchoring at 4pm with Alicia as feature anchor (same with 5pm).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom