• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Another New Translator?

I'm receiving a "Word FM" signal on 88.9 that is unusually strong. I suspect it's a new translator. I'm in Magnolia, NJ. I doubt it's the signal that I've received before that barely is above the noise floor at times.

If that's the actual transmitter location, they must of boosted their power. Here in Medford 88.9 was a bare frequency, I just tuned to it now and this WORD signal is booming in like a local...

They are ID'ing as WBZC 88.9, Pemberton, isn't that the former Burlington County College station that went off the air sometime last year?

Just under the wire as WBZC signed off the college-based format on January 18, 2018. I wonder if Word FM is the new format or if this is a temporary arrangement? WBYO and WBZC's signals used to fight with each other near the river between Bucks and Burlington Counties, so this would be a seamless way for Word FM to expand.

Is W236AF (WBZC's 95.1 translator from the Burlington-Bristol Bridge) back on as well?

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom