• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Another "Daytimer" on 1170 Pulling an "All-Nighter"

Just for the record. as Chief Engineer of WWTR , and many other stations.
WWTR has been having an Issue with its Burk Arc Touch Plus Unit. loosing its Network connection to its Plus-X controller interface. Hence the Controller sending Commands to the Plus -X, But the Plus X not getting the commands.
I have Changed IP addresses, I have Changed Port Numbers. I have changed the Router and switch updated Firmware. Been on the Phone with Burk Support to try and Find a solution to this. out of 45 of these units I have installed only 2 are having this issue. WHWH has been also having Disconnect problems.( we think the units are Getting Pinged or Flooded from overseas hackers) Storms last night Glitched the WTTM site. It did not turn on, until a drove to the site. replaced 10 fuses 2 power supplies, and reset the Burk. alll the Cell Carriers had portable Generators running when I got there.

Neal Newman- If you have Questions abut any of the Stations I run , and Maintain, call me.. I cannot listen to all of them. so I have No idea of Glitches at some of them. Others like WWTR.. I have been working on getting resolved. some of these posts make it seem like the owners are Intentionally leaving the stations on at Night( daytimers) I am a stickler for compliance.
Neal cell# 610-573-9081 feel free to call me.. I dont bite.

I will second this.. I've known Neal for close to 15 years and hes a pretty approachable guy and is a stand up engineer, doing his best and then some to make sure his stations comply with the laws they must follow. Call Neal, for real.. if you catch a problem with his stations. I've done it before at odd hours and never once had my head chewed off or been yelled at.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom