• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Annoying Commercial

Another annoying commercial to add to the list is that Jardiance commercial with that singing lady. I'm sure there are millions that struggle with the effects of diabetes that feel offended by this perky song claiming that Jardiance will make all their symptoms simply disappear and make them dance in joy. Not sure what they were thinking here, but this commercial seems more like an insult.

Another annoying commercial to add to the list is that Jardiance commercial with that singing lady. I'm sure there are millions that struggle with the effects of diabetes that feel offended by this perky song claiming that Jardiance will make all their symptoms simply disappear and make them dance in joy. Not sure what they were thinking here, but this commercial seems more like an insult.
Most prescription commercials are insulting. Also, I don't care to see someone pricking their finger or that old woman with "that machine" on her nightstand while her daughter is all glowing and smiles waking her up in the morning. Plus, is there any prescription commercial that doesn't include "may lead to death" as a side effect? I wait for the day coffee commercials and beer will do it to avoid the drug liability.

For some reason, singing and dancing has become common place in commercials. I often wish to burst into a "crowd joined" dance and song when I pick up my prescriptions. :rolleyes:

Most prescription commercials are insulting. Also, I don't care to see someone pricking their finger or that old woman with "that machine" on her nightstand while her daughter is all glowing and smiles waking her up in the morning.
Also, that fact that some of these incontinence commercials are airing on networks during hours or shows when kids might be watching. I hardly saw any of these commercials when I was younger, and if I did, I never questioned them or the product that they were trying to sell.

What is with this new trend to sell full body deodorant and go into great detail about where to use it? Yuck.
All hawked by women who supposedly "invented" it? It seems like it would've been invented and marketed by pharmaceutical's long ago if it were necessary...Plus, don't most people do something called "Shower" for basic hygiene?

Possibly 2020's version of the Pet Rock. "Everybody should have it, but they have no real use for it"?

...and I second the "Yuck."!

^ Ditto for the ED and contraception commercials.
Except the ads for contraceptives never appear on the evening news because most of the viewers are well past the years they used to use them. The increasing resistance to television news over every generation past Gen X has made newcasts a receptacle for pharmaceutical ads, but only for drugs and other products primarily used by older people.

Back
Top Bottom