• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Angelo

Someone said Angelo Ditty (reitred District 4 C. E for the FCC) cahsed his chips recently. Anyone have more info? I been off the net out of town.

Apparently True,

Sad news for anyone that has spent any time in broadcast engineering in the Southeast.

Angelo R. Ditty Jr.
DECEMBER 3, 2012
Angelo R. Ditty Jr. 87 of Canton, GA passed away Sunday December 2, 2012 at Cameron Hall Assisted Living Center. Memorial services are scheduled for 12:30pm Friday December 7, from the Darby Funeral Home Chapel with Father Victor Reyes officiating. Interment will follow in Georgia National Cemetery at 2:00pm. Survivors include Wife, Carol Ditty, Roseville, CA; Sons, Angelo Ditty III, Canton, GA; Michael Ditty, Canton, GA; Daughter, Carol Nikoukary, Powder Springs, GA; 6 grandchildren also survive. The family request that in lieu of flowers that donations be made to the Wounded Warrior Project. The caring staff of Darby Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.

Indeed sorry to learn of that news! Angelo was tough old card but fair. I told him once he was no where near as bad and mean as old J.J. Freeman (R.I.P.) His head jerked up and without missing a beat replied, "JJ was an A$ hole!".....

More than likely asked St Peter, "Under what authority are you operating?"....

I remember his presentations to the GAB years ago, he would encourage us to ask for his help if we had questions about a problem.Little to no danger of him "coming down" on you, if you were honest.

He would make this type of statement at each year's GAB, offering help to everyone, but he would always single someone out in the audience (jokingly) "Except for ____________ over there."

Freeman was a disaster...but only those in the N.O. district had the pleasure of an inspection by him
and you apparently were one of the lucky (?) ones. Pls stop in on your next trip to W.V. Regards JBI

jboyd said:
Freeman was a disaster...but only those in the N.O. district had the pleasure of an inspection by him
and you apparently were one of the lucky (?) ones. Pls stop in on your next trip to W.V. Regards JBI

Yes sir, at WMAA-TV as it was known in those days... Will do on next W.V. pass through...

All the best!

ww

Angelo was firm, but he was fair. Explain you had a problem, he'd go out of his way to be kind and helpful. A great FCC inspector, those of us in the South loved Angelo. Always made him coffee if I knew he was coming. And loved him all the way.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom