• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Andy Griffith, Don Knotts, Ron Howard reunite on "Andy Griffith Show" set 40 years later

It was? Then why did it say 40 years later?

I don't think any of them were that old in the movie.
I managed to miss that gr8oldies said "in the 80s". The reunion---"Return to Mayberry" was 1993. That's 33 years after the show premiered.

The "40 Years Later" caption above the video was added by the person who posted it to TikTok. So---they were seven years off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_to_Mayberry 1986. I'm going to ask the person who posted the video in the first place.
Chimp, I'm sorry---my error.

"Return to Mayberry" was a TV movie, with the actors in character, doing a fictional story, from 1986.

I was referring to "Back to Mayberry", a reunion with the actors as themselves. It's from 1993, and that is what the clip is from:

The Andy Griffith Show Reunion: Back to Mayberry (TV Special 2003) - IMDb

Wait, you said 1993 and the link says 2003. That sounds more like it, though, because they were really old.
Okay, I have made a real mess of this. So here's the deal (I think I've got this down now):

• "Return to Mayberry" was a 1986 TV movie, with the actors in character, doing a fictional story. Here's a link to a YouTube playlist with clips from and about it:

• There was a reunion show ten years before "Back to Mayberry" called "The Andy Griffith Show Reunion". It's from 1993, and the one I got confused with "Back to Mayberry". Here's a link to that special:

• And then---finally---"The Andy Griffith Show Reunion: Back to Mayberry." That's the one from 2003, that's the one in the TikTok video, and if you take it as yeah, The Andy Griffith Show was on the air in 1963 (even though it began in 1960), then the "40 years later" thing works. That whole special is also online and it has the scene in the TikTok video:

And that's one hell of a lot of going back to Mayberry. It's like Cher's "Farewell Tour".

My wife and I went to Mt. Airy a few years ago. Don’t miss the chance to ride in the squad car and yell “Citizen’s Arrest! Citizen’s Arrest!” through the open window (LOL). We had a LOT of fun, and hope to go back during their annual festival.

I managed to miss that gr8oldies said "in the 80s". The reunion---"Return to Mayberry" was 1993. That's 33 years after the show premiered.

The "40 Years Later" caption above the video was added by the person who posted it to TikTok. So---they were seven years off.
iMBD shows 1986 for "Return to Mayberry" and I remember watching it in Quincy IL, and I was only there in late 1985 and early 1986.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom