• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Anderson Live

'Anderson' is being rebooted as 'Anderson Live':
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...anderson-live/2012/08/01/gJQAaL8fPX_blog.html

* The show will now be known as “Anderson Live.”

* The show will be live to tape the same day, instead of days in advance.

* Anderson will be joined each day by a new co-host.

1. If Live, Why not get more consistent timings between the major markets atleast on the east coast, like NY, DC, Boston and Philadelphia. In NY he is on at noon on the Fox station. In Philadelphia, he is on KYW at 9am, and in DC, he was on at 4 on WJLA, but Anderson's website seems to indicate 1:00 also (maybe WJLA is moving him).

2. Co-host thing seems to be like Live With Kelly.

According to whbf.com, Jeff Probst is supposed to air in the Quad Cities on CBS4. 'Anderson' is one of the three most likely shows to be replaced by Probst and/or moving to another station...

Do you think this is in response to the remains of "Live with Regis and Kathie Lee" not naming a new co-host 9 months after the departure of Regis? And who was the genius at Disney who decided to get rid of Regis?

KyDXIn said:
Do you think this is in response to the remains of "Live with Regis and Kathie Lee" not naming a new co-host 9 months after the departure of Regis? And who was the genius at Disney who decided to get rid of Regis?

I thought Regis "retired" voluntarily?

Mike said:
KyDXIn said:

Regis wouldn't take the cut in pay.

KS-IL-IA said:
Mike said:
KyDXIn said:

Should he have to take a cut in pay if he is still bringing in the ratings? I can see both POV on this.

UPDATE: 'Anderson Live' will air in the Quad Cities on KWQC, while WHBF replaces him with Jeff Probst. Just out of curiosity, where else will Anderson move to besides the Quad Cities?

KyDXIn said:
KS-IL-IA said:
Mike said:
KyDXIn said:

Should he have to take a cut in pay if he is still bringing in the ratings? I can see both POV on this.

I also heard somewhere that some advertisers would no longer support the show if Regis stayed on, because they thought he was too old to be on TV. I wouldn't be surprised if that part might be true. However, Regis is still in good health, & wanted to continue to work on the show. I saw nothing wrong with that, & he was good at it. It's unfortunate that he had to leave the show.

Dave said:
KyDXIn said:
KS-IL-IA said:
Mike said:
KyDXIn said:

I also heard somewhere that some advertisers would no longer support the show if Regis stayed on, because they thought he was too old to be on TV. I wouldn't be surprised if that part might be true. However, Regis is still in good health, & wanted to continue to work on the show. I saw nothing wrong with that, & he was good at it. It's unfortunate that he had to leave the show.
Michael Strahan was just named the new co-host, and the response was lukewarm with a smattering of applause. Kelly, as a married woman, seems way to excited to have him as a partner.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom