• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

And while we're on the topic of simulcasts

I also note with interest the simulcast of KIPR-92.3 FM with KPZK-1250 AM. I'm sure this has something to be with the Citadel sale awhile back. Obviously, KPZK-1250 does nothing for KIPR coverage or ratings wise. It's just there. I think that Air America radio, with popular hosts Bill Press, Ed Schulz, Randi Rhodes, Thom Hartman and Lionel could be put on the AM with just a little effort and money and it would be another choice for Central Arkansas listeners and would more than likely garner some ratings for the AM frequency that's just sitting there at present.

You forgot Rachel Maddow, who is actually engaging and entertaining and the only AA host who doesn't depend strictly on message to develop an audience. But I suspect this is a "when pigs fly" sort of scenario. Is Randi back on? I thought she left in a dispute over what she could say in speaking engagements.

Yep, Randi's back on. Although I listen mostly to Bill Press and Ed Schultz. Since the talk stations in this mostly red state seem stuck on Insannity and Rush the pills, I've had XM satellite radio for about 3 years and listen while on the road everyday. Air America - XM167.

AAR probably won't work on a second try, either! Nova M Radio out of Phoenix, AZ LMA'd 1380 in LR a couple of years ago and had AAR on for about 10 months before they realized it had no sales potential and very few listeners. It seemed there were some business people who may have agreed with the format's pontifications, but weren't willing to have their businesses associated with it. Nova M turned it back over to the owners, Simmons Media, who switched it back to ESPN. People just couldn't take 24 hours-a-day of moaning, groaning, bitching, complaining and creative fabrications.

AAR probably won't work on a second try, either! Nova M Radio out of Phoenix, AZ LMA'd 1380 in LR a couple of years ago and had AAR on for about 10 months before they realized it had no sales potential and very few listeners. It seemed there were some business people who may have agreed with the format's pontifications, but weren't willing to have their businesses associated with it. Nova M turned it back over to the owners, Simmons Media, who switched it back to ESPN. People just couldn't take 24 hours-a-day of moaning, groaning, bitching, complaining and creative fabrications.
Golly gee, that sounds like what passes for talk radio most of the day on most AMs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom