• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Analog Channel 3?

Last night out in Lavaca county I did a channel scan, got Victoria TV then picked up a analog channel 3? Where could that be? I thought all analog channels was all digital now?
Strange.

Last night out in Lavaca county I did a channel scan, got Victoria TV then picked up a analog channel 3? Where could that be? I thought all analog channels was all digital now? Strange.

E-skip from Canada, Mexico, or the Caribbean? There are a few analog stations on Channel 3 remaining, but in the US and (I think) Canada, all are LPTVs or translators (or Canadian equivalent).

There is one in Eagle Pass TX, KEAP-LP, running 34 watts ERP per W9WI.com. That's the only analog Channel 3 in Texas that I can find.

There is one [analog station] in Eagle Pass TX, KEAP-LP, running 34 watts ERP per W9WI.com. That's the only analog Channel 3 in Texas that I can find.

All analog stations should have ceased transmissions as of July 13. If KEAP-LP really is still running an analog signal, it's in violation of the FCC.

All analog stations should have ceased transmissions as of July 13. If KEAP-LP really is still running an analog signal, it's in violation of the FCC.

The analog turnoff in the US for LPTVs is July 13, 2021. Canada still has a few full-power channel 3's in analog in very rural areas and would have more if the CBC wasn't in bed with the cable and satellite industry. Cuba still has analog TV AFAIK

Cuba.

Cuba still has analog and i see cuba TV picked up by DXers in Ohio, PA and TN pretty easily.. so itd be a peace of cake from Texas, especially closer to the coast

Cuba is still alive and well on analog VHF. For now.

Cuba is still alive and well on analog VHF. For now.

Cuba has digital television stations on the air, but they are using a modified version of the Chinese DTMB digital standard, so not receivable on American ATSC sets. There has been an interesting gray market for TX DXers looking for converter boxes (DTMB to NTSC) in order to receive the Cuban signals in south Florida.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom